Return fuel system questions

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Hey guys I have a question about the return fuel system setup I am thinking of switching to. I was looking at the fore kit, but if I choose to wire it myself how difficult is that? My second option was going with lethals budget kit, and hooking up a hobbs switch to control the second pump. Is there any reason not to go with the budget kit? All of the hose comes preassembled and wiring is included. This seems easier to go that route and throw in the hobbs switch, as opposed to wiring up the fore kit. Anyone with any experience that can push me in either direction I appreciate your input. Thanks

cj428mach

Established Member
Hey guys I have a question about the return fuel system setup I am thinking of switching to. I was looking at the fore kit, but if I choose to wire it myself how difficult is that? My second option was going with lethals budget kit, and hooking up a hobbs switch to control the second pump. Is there any reason not to go with the budget kit? All of the hose comes preassembled and wiring is included. This seems easier to go that route and throw in the hobbs switch, as opposed to wiring up the fore kit. Anyone with any experience that can push me in either direction I appreciate your input. Thanks

I'm extremely picky about wiring and want a very clean install. I must say I love the way the Fore kit wires up. Its extremely simple. I you can run a hobbs switch on either setup so I don't know what the lethal kit has to do with a hobbs switch.

I think you should list your goals so people can give you better advice. Make sure you get some e85 compatible pumps you may not use them now but there really isn't any difference in cost and you have the option later.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Sorry I wrote that fast before I left for work. I want to do a ported blower on e85. 2.8 upper with 4lb lower. I was looked at the budget kit with the dual walbro 465s. I want to do the fuel system with the potential to handle a tvs down the line if I ever look to go bigger

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
I just bought this to wire mine up, I didn't do a hobbs switch tho. I pieced mine together instead of doing a budget kit from lethal since I wanted to do after market rails and I didn't want a dead head set up. again alot of people have good results on dead head I'm running my fpr after the rails not before. here is the wiring from lethal.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...-03-04-2003-2004-mustang-cobra-svt-terminator

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
All together the fore level 1 kit would cost me about 1500. As opposed to the lethal kit, the only option it would not have compared to the fore kit I pieced was the Hobbs switch, I could save a few hundred with the budget kit over the fore kit. So my question is, what would make you guys go for the fore kit over the lethal? Or would you pick the lethal kit and save some cash? I have been told the fore kit has outstanding quality for sure

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
All together the fore level 1 kit would cost me about 1500. As opposed to the lethal kit, the only option it would not have compared to the fore kit I pieced was the Hobbs switch, I could save a few hundred with the budget kit over the fore kit. So my question is, what would make you guys go for the fore kit over the lethal? Or would you pick the lethal kit and save some cash? I have been told the fore kit has outstanding quality for sure

The hobbs switch costs $15 bucks I don't know why you mention it like its complete game changer on price.

I believe if you add all the options up so you're an apples to apples comparison the price difference is pretty minimal. I originally went with a Fore Level 1 e85 compatible system and it ran me about $1200 to my door. If you do go with the Lethal check make sure you use the svtp discount.

After reading Malcolms thread I think the best setup would be the 465's on a hobbs switch ran dead head.

Last edited:

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
The only reason I mentioned the Hobbs switch is because it's not an option you can get with the lethal kit I would have to pick it up seperate. Sorry for the confusion. I have been talking to Malcolm as well, I will more than likely get the fore kit. I don't mind paying a tad extra for a nice quality kit

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
what I didnt like about the budget kit was the regulator mounted on the rail was a restriction on power levels later on so make sure to think about that. The next kits up (with lethal anyway) put the regulator on the fenderwell so your feed and return line routing will be different, not sure how much work/expense would be involved in that switch later on if you had to do it

cj428mach

Established Member
The only reason I mentioned the Hobbs switch is because it's not an option you can get with the lethal kit I would have to pick it up seperate. Sorry for the confusion. I have been talking to Malcolm as well, I will more than likely get the fore kit. I don't mind paying a tad extra for a nice quality kit

Ok, I just wanted to make sure you didn't think the Hobbs switch required the several $100 wiring harness because a harness is needed with or without the hobbs.

I'm sure lethal is very helpful, but I can tell you if you have any questions or problems Justin at Fore will be extremely helpful.

I didn't like that my fuel pressure was dropping so quickly after shutting the car off and I thought that it was causing my hard starts when cold. Justin told me he was 99% sure the hard starting was in the tune but offered to have my kit picked up and shipped back to him on his dime. Then he'd look it over and replace anything that needed to be replaced and shipped back to me for nothing. He also tried his best to talk me out of buying extra parts he felt I didn't need (a check valve). In the end he was right the problem wasn't my fuel system it was just my e85 tune requiring a ton more fuel during cranking.

Thankfully i didn't remove my whole system and send it to him, lol.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
So what I gather is the lethal kit could restrict me down the line. I may just have to go with the fore level 1 kit. I can always buy the upgrade kit to go to stage 2 later. I will be keeping the stock rails. Does the fore regulator mount where I want it? Judging from Malcolms thread I want it away from the engine to keep heat down.

cj428mach

Established Member
So what I gather is the lethal kit could restrict me down the line. I may just have to go with the fore level 1 kit. I can always buy the upgrade kit to go to stage 2 later. I will be keeping the stock rails. Does the fore regulator mount where I want it? Judging from Malcolms thread I want it away from the engine to keep heat down.

If you want that sort of setup you'll need more of a custom kit. The level 1 kit uses the stock feedline so thats going to make it really difficult to do a dead head setup. To go with a setup like Malcolm you'll need a new feedline i believe.

TRBO VNM

Fore's setup now is pretty damn plug and play. Especially with the controller. Their controller takes the place of the relay harness that the Lethal kit provides. But the wiring with the Fore setup is definitely superior.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Fore's setup now is pretty damn plug and play. Especially with the controller. Their controller takes the place of the relay harness that the Lethal kit provides. But the wiring with the Fore setup is definitely superior.

Super clean and very easy to install! I'm very happy with Fore products thus far!

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Thanks for the input Brady. Everyone is telling me you cant beat the fore quality. Definitely going to go that route. Btw, your tob still squeaking?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

I would say that if either budget kit uses a small regulator on the rail it will be a restriction later. I dont know what the Fore regulator is rated too

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the input Brady. Everyone is telling me you cant beat the fore quality. Definitely going to go that route. Btw, your tob still squeaking?

Super glad I went with the fore kit, you won't regret it! As for my tob, it seems to have gone away for now! That said it will probably come back! I backed the tob off the pressure plate quite a bit, seemed to help so far! Let us know when you start installing the kit, and if you have any questions let us know!

BMR Tech

If you are keeping the stock rails, the Lethal kit will provide as much as you can throw at it, especially if you install a -8 feed line with a Russell (or other) fitting to mate the -8 to the stock rails.

I'm a big fan of the Lethal kits, with 465's and an upgraded -8 feed (stock rails)

I do see people talking about the 465's heating the fuel. I never really looked into that, because my cars, and the others I have done this Lethal kit on....have all made big power and run excellent on the street and track.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Ok Jason has been helping me price a few things. Im doing my suspension first. I already missed out on the car this summer cause my cover leaks so bad, I was scared to drive it and didnt have time to fix it. I just paid the car off so now with this extra money we just might need more power so I am planning ahead. With the fore kit do I need the an tool kit?

Users who are viewing this thread