Retune needed?

angel23

Established Member
Currently have an original steeda air intake with factory intake tube. My intake tube is starting to show its age and I was looking to swap it with a jlt rai. Filter remains in engine bay, maf remains the same…just the intake tube is changing.
Will I need a retune? I plan on monitoring the a/f ratio with my sct.

Car:
03 cobra
Upper and lower pulley
Cammed
Ported blower
Long tubes and catless x

Rambro

Established Member
I was going to do this and I was told it will need a full re tune. The stock tube has consistent data, whereas with the jlt tube it’s all over the place. And I was also told that I would see no gains with the JLT tube over the stocker.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I was going to do this and I was told it will need a full re tune. The stock tube has consistent data, whereas with the jlt tube it’s all over the place. And I was also told that I would see no gains with the JLT tube over the stocker.
If you're going to run the short ram that keeps the MAF in the same housing and in the stock location you'll be fine. If you're swapping to the CAI that has the bigger tube it needs a retune.

Rambro

Established Member
If you're going to run the short ram that keeps the MAF in the same housing and in the stock location you'll be fine. If you're swapping to the CAI that has the bigger tube it needs a retune.
Well 04sleeper told me different. By all means tho give it a shot and see how it goes.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Well 04sleeper told me different. By all means tho give it a shot and see how it goes.
The JLT CAI (aka high boost) is known to have issues because of the size and elbows. But it seems the tuners have a handle on it.

Maybe he thought you were referring to the high boost.

Rambro

Established Member
No I was clear that I was only switching to a jlt rai tube, and everything else was the same. I also thought that Kevin misunderstood me and thought I was installing a cai but no. He said the tune would need to be adjusted, or he may have said it will need re tuned. Either way I sold mine when he said I wouldn’t see any gains with the JLT. Not worth it to me when the stock tube has been working fine with my setup.

blownfox

Established Member
My car had a stalling issue for that reason. It needed to be retune and the problem when away. Only change was to the JLT RAI.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i do think there is something to it because my tuned car began stalling after i changed the intake.

and it was just the filter section too...the tube and maf portion remained the same (or very close to it - maybe the maf clocking was slightly different)

i put the intake that it was tuned with back on and the problem disappeared.

Users who are viewing this thread