RETUNE necessary for o/r midpipe???

sushistrip

Established Member
I have an 03 cobra with JLT CAI, SCTBA2600 MAF, Magnaflow catback, 2.8X pulley running 14psi. It has been dyno tuned at a very conservative and safe 438hp/478tq running 91 octane. I want to install an o/r xpipe but I am getting an even amount of feedback on both sides of the issue of needing a retune. I have the SCT X3 tuner. I can call and ask if the o2 sensors were turned off but I guess you can just turn them off with the tuner? This car is my daily driver, I usually get on it about once a day going to and from school/work but I don't go too hard on it. I plan on getting another dyno tune some time in the next few months because I feel this shop didn't do a very good job. However, I want these midpipes now! Haha.

So, my main question: Can I install an o/r xpipe and daily drive my car like I normally would without worrying about damaging the engine? At least until I get a retune. I think I would have the o/r xpipe on for a max of 4 months before a retune, I would either get it fall break or christmas break because of classes.

IA Shelby

Established Member
IMO - put it on and have it tuned. Don't drive with it for 4 months on old tune.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Install of an or pipe is probably 1 hr shop labor (approx $80).

The custom dyno tune and hand held tuner will be the more expensive piece. I would call the shop and get their pricing as it can vary significantly.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
No tune required, but you'll get a cel for cat inefficiency. I drove around for quite a while till I got the rear O2's turned off.

b_dike

Established Member
How much do you think an install would cost? Also, House of Boost is my nearest dyno shop. Anyone have any experience with them?

I believe house of boost closed their doors this year. MC racing is still open though if you wanna try them.

Users who are viewing this thread