Retune after fuel system installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RusWolf

Established Member
Dasan, what is the reason behind revauto wanting to rewire the pumps?

Mastawolf you work with Sai in the same place correct? If yes, you know exactly the system i have.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Dasan, what is the reason behind revauto wanting to rewire the pumps?

Mastawolf you work with Sai in the same place correct? If yes, you know exactly the system i have.

Yes and you have it wired up key on, stock voltages, regulated return system. Very common.

Deespeed99

Established Member
C

I know a lot of people prefer it to act like stock. If that's all your doing it's as simple as changing your trigger wire for the relays. Maybe check to see what they're doing. Now it's also possible they might be wiring in a Hobbs switch and isolating the way the pumps come on. ( second one coming on with x amount of boost)

I may be switching to this due to how hot my fuel gets from both pumps running all the time. It's not bad if you track only the car but after an hour or so ride the fuel gets down right hot.

This is the reason why we do it so the car operates like stock. Not to be a douche all btw but i really dont see what the issue is with this? A lot of shops have different ways of doing things and its not always the same shop to shop but most shops dont stop doing something a way that they do it because other people do it differently. Im just confused why the way we wire and write tunes for afternarket fuel systems is an issue? Again not being an ass just asking.

Deespeed99

Established Member
Incorrect.
No clear solution was given to me.
Kevin just texted and said "hang tight, Adam and I will work something out for you" and that was it in regards to a solution. I have not heard anything else.
What i would like to see/hear is a clear statement of what is going to happen with hard time and date to show up for the tune.

The solution was to have you go to Kevin's shop because it would save you the tolls & travel expenses to come down here and Adam will work with Kevin with your tune file. Please contact Kevin to setup a day to do so.

RusWolf

Established Member
The solution was to have you go to Kevin's shop because it would save you the tolls & travel expenses to come down here and Adam will work with Kevin with your tune file. Please contact Kevin to setup a day to do so.

Dasan,
I texted Kevin today requesting a date to come in for a tune.

Patiently waiting for a reply.

RusWolf

Established Member

Dasan,
I sent a text to Kevin a week ago, no response yet. Would you be able to somehow get ahold of Kevin and have him give me hard dates for a retune.

thanks.

Deespeed99

Established Member
Dasan,
I sent a text to Kevin a week ago, no response yet. Would you be able to somehow get ahold of Kevin and have him give me hard dates for a retune.

thanks.

Sure thing. Ill let Adam know to have him check his messages.

bobster

Established Member
Not sure how close you were or if you were running out of fuel before fuel system but a retune may be able to get you some more power?

RusWolf

Established Member
Not sure how close you were or if you were running out of fuel before fuel system but a retune may be able to get you some more power?

According to Adam i was running out of fuel slightly on E85. Usually with E85 Adam gives 20 degrees of timing. He gave my car 20* and it made something like 670 or 679WHP and he was surprised by the power output.

He lowered my timing down to 18* to be safer as i told him i do not care about power i care about safety aspect of it more than 20HP's.

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
Any updates on this?

It's been 8 days and still no word from anyone.

I would like to get tuned towards the end of the month.

Just got off the phone with him. He said he's still been playing catch up from PRI. He said go ahead and shoot him a text or call again. He said he will need the car a few days when the appointment is set and to just give you a heads up about that.

RusWolf

Established Member
Just got off the phone with him. He said he's still been playing catch up from PRI. He said go ahead and shoot him a text or call again. He said he will need the car a few days when the appointment is set and to just give you a heads up about that.

Why would he need the car for few days if its only a tune?

Deespeed99

Established Member
Why would he need the car for few days if its only a tune?

Give him a call, He can explain it. I did not get into any details with him. I just wanted to let him know that you're still waiting to hear from him.

corepwn

Established Member
$500 plus rent a dyno. Otherwise it will be a remote street tune, and i would rpefer a proper dyno tune over street tune.

You might be very surprised to learn how many of the quick cars on this forum were not tuned on a dyno.

RusWolf

Established Member
i understand.. safety is definitely a priority i'm in NYC lol.. no backroads to really open it up and it's been kind of cold lately.

Plus I’m going to install a wastegate and run 11psi E85 and 93 with octane booster.

However, they want to rewire my fuel system so it shuts off after priming…
Any FS gurus that can help me with this ? since I don’t feel like paying $100 for it.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I always wire it in so it uses the grey/yellow wire and just does the quick priming to fill the rails. Never had an issue with it and like it better so the pumps are not running all the time when the key is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread