Retune after fuel system installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deespeed99

Established Member
Dasan, i did disclose everything i was saying. I never demanded a free retune after i installed NOT your fuel system. Yes your $2500 or close to $2700 fuel system that included 1) fuel system, 2) installation 3) tuning supposedly "free" if your system was to be purchased, was out of my budget and power goals. But how is this related to my thread asking opinion of others on the current $450 charge for a retune?
Interesting how now you are claiming adam came in at 4-5 am when adam himself told he came in if i remember correct between 7-8.

And even if i did ask if the retune was free or if there is a charge, whats wrong with that? Some tuners allow little updates and will adjust the tune at no cost. There is a reason why i asked every question i did. Just like i said in the email if you told me the charge is around $300 i would accept it as a fair retune deal. But at 450 i am just not sure.
This thread is not flaming revauto so dont come defensive. I am asking for opinion of other tuners and members on what they think about this price.

Not sure how i am being wrong here asking and researching.
I was happy with adams work and tune and there is a reason why i wanted to be retuned by revauto. However i do not agree with $450 and i have a full right to ask others.

You are flaming us because in addition to your questions your trying to make us look bad by saying it only took so long for us to tune it the 1st time so it shouldn't take that long but you're not telling anyone that Adam put in time after we closed and very early the following day because you drove out of town. At any rate it doesn't matter and you'll be taken care of. Please contact Kevin at Wicked and we'll get a date setup that works for both him and Adam to get you straighten out.

RusWolf

Established Member
Me reasoning and thinking is flaming?
I did post times when adam started and finished. The times that were told to me..

Listen, if you want to ask me questions about what i posted you are free to call me and i will explain my reasoning.
Nothing to hide dude. You want to be defensive go ahead, be my guest. I have no issues posting every email if needed but I don't want this thread to be derailed. If you feel that i am flaming you and/or revauto take it offline with me.

In the meantime i will discuss my opinions with other members and tuners that may look into this thread.

P.S. Thanks for informing you guys are trying to resolve this. I an eagerly waiting on resolution and happy outcome.
And have no doubt if this gets resolved in a positive way i have no issues updating this thread.

Same goes for negative outcome.
I think that is fair.

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
Me reasoning and thinking is flaming?
I did post times when adam started and finished. The times that were told to me..

Listen, if you want to ask me questions about what i posted you are free to call me and i will explain my reasoning.
Nothing to hide dude. You want to be defensive go ahead, be my guest. I have no issues posting every email if needed but I don't want this thread to be derailed. If you feel that i am flaming you and/or revauto take it offline with me.

In the meantime i will discuss my opinions with other members and tuners that may look into this thread.

P.S. Thanks for informing you guys are trying to resolve this. I an eagerly waiting on resolution and happy outcome.
And have no doubt if this gets resolved in a positive way i have no issues updating this thread.

Same goes for negative outcome.
I think that is fair.

Sounds good. We'll get you squared away. :beer:

hitmix300

Established Member

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
if you think changing to a return style fuel system is just checking a bit from true to false, you're incorrect.

http://injectordynamics.com/wp-cont...D1000-Ford-Characterization-Tables-8-6-14.xls

why do you think they have separate tabs for injector data?
I accounted for that, it does not take long at all, I do it all the time. If the data was correct with factory returnless, using the correct data for return system.... Very little has to be changed. But what do I know I just read stuff on svtp.

corepwn

Established Member
Just like mastwolf (Chris) says, if the only change to the car was returnless to return, there is little to be changed.

From my memory: Stop monitoring FPDM for no wrench, adjust the fuel rail pressure to flat, and set the injectors with the values ID GIVES you for the PSI you decide to run.

Now, if there are any other changes or if the car wasn't dialed in prior to the new pumps, well then you should definitely go for a real re-tune.

RusWolf

Established Member
Just like mastwolf (Chris) says, if the only change to the car was returnless to return, there is little to be changed.

From my memory: Stop monitoring FPDM for no wrench, adjust the fuel rail pressure to flat, and set the injectors with the values ID GIVES you for the PSI you decide to run.

Now, if there are any other changes or if the car wasn't dialed in prior to the new pumps, well then you should definitely go for a real re-tune.

Fuel system is THEE only change that was made to the car.

Standrard dual pump fuel system from Sai Li, utilizing 2 stock pumps.

dennisn

Established Member
To op, you are paying for a service. After all the info now given it doesn't seem unreasonable what they are charging. (Just one mans opinion and you asked what people thought) maybe he's just being thorough???

Adam is one of the best If you go to him.

Last edited:

RusWolf

Established Member
To op, you are paying for a service. After all the info now given it doesn't seem unreasonable what they are charging. (Just one mans opinion and you asked what people thought) maybe he's just being thorough???

Adam is one of the best If you go to him.

Thanks man! Appreciate your honest opinion. And i sure hope they would be very detailed oriented for that asking fee.

But i will wait for their resolution proposal.

Last edited:

Holovacko

Established Member
It seems they're offering to remote tune or have Kevin from Wicked make the adjustments for you, since he's closer. Getting these cars dialed in correctly, is expensive and time consuming. Kevin tuned my car, he's more than capable. Kevin admits he's not an Auto guy, so next week I'm driving all the way to Rev, just to get on the Dyno and have Adam look at it and adjust my shift points. I'm paying for a full tune. Some may feel it's not worth it, but I want to make sure everything is right. To me paying what some may see as extra, is worth the piece of mind and possible performance gains.... Just to give Kevin his props, he swapped my Boss mani and e-mail tune, for a CJ and Wicked Dyno tune..knocked 5 tenths off my E.T. (Yes, 1/2 second) swapping manifolds and tune... I don't know what price you'll pay in the end, but they will get you straightened out.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
Yea I had a similar experience with rev auto despite all the "raves" about them customer service is what matters. Slow responses and expensive retunes make them no different than anyone else to me. I would go somewhere else OP I had a hell of a time getting in touch with Adam after my tune as well posted up a thread about it somewhere. Good luck.

justinsstang

Established Member
Just fix your fuel system wiring yourself... Make a new thread with pics and maybe one of the gurus will step in and tell you what needs a change.

I am also wondering why you're being forced to dyno tune. Do a street tune with no dyno time and it should be free IMO.

I mentioned to Lund about trying several different fuel setups, although now I believe I'm just going to go with the Sai Li kit. He hasn't mentioned paying him anything extra a single time. I only do street tunes though.

RusWolf

Established Member
Yea I had a similar experience with rev auto despite all the "raves" about them customer service is what matters. Slow responses and expensive retunes make them no different than anyone else to me. I would go somewhere else OP I had a hell of a time getting in touch with Adam after my tune as well posted up a thread about it somewhere. Good luck.

there you go! i knew it's impossible for me to be the only one experiencing this...

RusWolf

Established Member
Just fix your fuel system wiring yourself... Make a new thread with pics and maybe one of the gurus will step in and tell you what needs a change.

I am also wondering why you're being forced to dyno tune. Do a street tune with no dyno time and it should be free IMO.

I mentioned to Lund about trying several different fuel setups, although now I believe I'm just going to go with the Sai Li kit. He hasn't mentioned paying him anything extra a single time. I only do street tunes though.

thanks for suggestion man,
i probably will try to rewire myself.. and that should take out $100 right there...

so far waiting for resolution they are going to offer.. Hoping they won't forget about this issue.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
i probably will try to rewire myself.. and that should take out $100 right there...

so far waiting for resolution they are going to offer.. Hoping they won't forget about this issue.
Why do you need to rewire your setup again?

RusWolf

Established Member
Why do you need to rewire your setup again?

Isn't it better if the pumps shut iff after being primed?
I thought that would reduce their "wear and tear".

I have no other reason or idea, why revauto told me they want to rewire because its better and it's a $100 to do so.

Rev never gave me an explanation on why exactly they think its better to have them not be on at all times.

dennisn

Established Member
C
Isn't it better if the pumps shut iff after being primed?
I thought that would reduce their "wear and tear".

I have no other reason or idea, why revauto told me they want to rewire because its better and it's a $100 to do so.

Rev never gave me an explanation on why exactly they think its better to have them not be on at all times.

I know a lot of people prefer it to act like stock. If that's all your doing it's as simple as changing your trigger wire for the relays. Maybe check to see what they're doing. Now it's also possible they might be wiring in a Hobbs switch and isolating the way the pumps come on. ( second one coming on with x amount of boost)

I may be switching to this due to how hot my fuel gets from both pumps running all the time. It's not bad if you track only the car but after an hour or so ride the fuel gets down right hot.

Deespeed99

Established Member

Yev,

We already gave you a solution. You need to get a hold of Kevin and schedule a time to get the car on the dyno so him and Adam can work out your tune. The last i heard you were talking to him late last week.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Zero reason to not have them on with key on. For one no more fuel pump tune in order to swap fuels, and two your stock pumps stay on with the damn engine.

RusWolf

Established Member
Yev,

We already gave you a solution. You need to get a hold of Kevin and schedule a time to get the car on the dyno so him and Adam can work out your tune. The last i heard you were talking to him late last week.

Incorrect.
No clear solution was given to me.
Kevin just texted and said "hang tight, Adam and I will work something out for you" and that was it in regards to a solution. I have not heard anything else.
What i would like to see/hear is a clear statement of what is going to happen with hard time and date to show up for the tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread