Retired Army Colonel hits and kills Colorado State Trooper, flees the scene, was DUI.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
You keep trying to use his record to somehow overshadow that fact he killed someone due to carelessness. This wasn't an oops my tire blew and killed someone when it went out of control. He knowingly drank (excessively), drove,then hit and ran. You keep trying to sell him as such an honorable person. Any honorable person wouldn't have carried on as if nothing happened after killing someone.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I'm having some conflicting feelings here. What the Colonel did was wrong, he should pay a price, but at the same time (and this is where the conflict comes in), this man gave 27 selfless years of his life to this nation, received an honorable discharge and retired.

Are you drunk? You seem like the type that let's everyone fry equally. Just because the dude put some time in the service doesn't mean he's some special angel.

bglf83

Established Member
Price has to be paid for the irresponsible action. We should all be judged equally under the law for our actions.

If the person that died was part of your family, I am sure you would not feel the need to let this guy get it easy.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Nope, **** him! Lock her up, and throw away the keys. A judge doesn't take into consideration where I was speeding to, if I got a ticket. The act is what's illegal. More so, his penalty should be more harsh as he has spent 27 years of his life in a very strict, follow the rule manner. He can't make excuses.

oldmodman

Established Member
I want a lot more information before I make up my mind as to his deserved penalty.
What was his blood alcohol level when his blood sample was drawn.
How long after the accident was it taken.
Was there any lighting at the scene of the accident.
Was the officer in her patrol car at the time of the accident.
Were her bright warning flashers and red and blue lights on at the time of the accident.
If she was not in her patrol car was she in the road recording data for her accident report on the accident she was sent out to cover.
Was she illuminated by her patrol car.
If she was behind her car but in the roadway she may have been very difficult to see until the driver that struck her was right on top of her.
And the final question. if the driver that struck her has stopped at once and rendered aid and waited until the next patrol car arrived would he have been charged with a crime.
Or is this a case of overcharging to insure his being jailed until a trial took place. At which time he might not have been charged with anything after all the previous questions had been answered in front of a judge.
Always remember that you innocent of any crime until a judge and jury have determined ones guilt or innocence.
A life has been taken. But it is up to the evidence to determine that any crime has taken place other than leaving the scene of an accident. It may be determined that the actual death was an actual accident. And not the result of impaired driving.

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
He deserves to go to prison for a long time. Idgaf who he was. If anything he should be held to a much higher standard. He REALLY messed up and should take his punishment like a man.

Planter

Banned
Are you drunk? You seem like the type that let's everyone fry equally. Just because the dude put some time in the service doesn't mean he's some special angel.

lol. Maybe I'm just getting soft and more compassionate and understanding about things. :shrug:

I want a lot more information before I make up my mind as to his deserved penalty.
Were her bright warning flashers and red and blue lights on at the time of the accident.
If she was not in her patrol car was she in the road recording data for her accident report on the accident she was sent out to cover.
If she was behind her car but in the roadway she may have been very difficult to see until the driver that struck her was right on top of her.
And the final question. if the driver that struck her has stopped at once and rendered aid and waited until the next patrol car arrived would he have been charged with a crime.
Or is this a case of overcharging to insure his being jailed until a trial took place. At which time he might not have been charged with anything after all the previous questions had been answered in front of a judge.
Always remember that you innocent of any crime until a judge and jury have determined ones guilt or innocence.
A life has been taken. But it is up to the evidence to determine that any crime has taken place other than leaving the scene of an accident. It may be determined that the actual death was an actual accident. And not the result of impaired driving.

police report/affidavit is here. scroll to the very bottom of the page.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...trol-ids-trooper-killed-castle-rock?source=fb

Last edited:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
lol. Maybe I'm just getting soft and more compassionate and understanding about things. :shrug:

police report/affidavit is here. scroll to the very bottom of the page.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...trol-ids-trooper-killed-castle-rock?source=fb

Did it say what his BAC was? I didn't see it in the document. I suppose it's not available yet as the incident just happened on Sunday and the blood test takes a week or 2 to turn around.

By leaving the scene of the accident it sealed his fate that he will spend the rest of his life in prison. If he had remained at the scene, a 12-15 year sentence would seem appropriate to me.

Last edited:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
It is a sad event that someone of great accomplishment makes such a poor decision in judgement. I agree with others that have said he should have known better, not only from a common sense standpoint, but also from a standpoint as a military leader who has no doubt seen many a service member charged with DUI.

RIP Trooper Jursevics.

The Colonel should be held accountable for his actions to the highest extent allowed by law. It may sound harsh, but this man made a willful decision to drive after a day of drinking, and it had a very tragic ending.

Planter

Banned
Did it say what his BAC was? I didn't see it in the document. I suppose it's not available yet as the incident just happened on Sunday and the blood test takes a week or 2 to turn around.

By leaving the scene of the accident it sealed his fate that he will spend the rest of his life in prison. If he had remained at the scene, a 12-15 year sentence would seem appropriate to me.

didnt see his BAC listed either.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
any leniency would just show that certain people are privileged and get special treatment. like the rich and the connected. how does that look to all the grunts who put their lives on the line daily that the brass gets a free pass for doing something illegal. the brass is supposed to set an example to the enlisted are they not?

either way jail time is due im sure. if it can be proven he was drunk, throw the book at him. as mentioned, he threw all his accomplishments down the toilet. and no offense to anyone in the service by any means but just because he served for 27 years did not necessarily mean he did anything wonderful, besides his service in general. achieving the rank of a colonel does not mean he earned the MOH or anything. could have been an NCO with 27 years.

RIP to the trooper. i feel so sorry for her little one :(

either way he fled the scene of a fatal accident which usually results in jail time. being legally intoxicated just adds to that. had he stop and rendered aid, but was legally impaired, he would definitely be looking at a manslaughter charge as well. same thing happened to a friend of mine.

Machdup1

Established Member
No Mercy. You get behind the wheel after drinking and kill someone, **** you and the horse you rode in on. Try him, convict him and get to the prison rape scene and put it on YouTube as a cautionary tale.

RIP to the Trooper, may her family find peace and strength to get through this time in their lives.

Coiled03

Established Member
His military service has no bearing on the situation.

He gets what the rest of us civilians get, whatever that is.

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
If anything I would expect more out of him due to his accomplishments.

Not give him a get out of jail free pass

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
His lawyer(s) can claim authority-enza (author-enza?) in court. All his years in authority positions made him view others as beneath him and inconsequential.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm going to preface this with a few people know me as being anti-cop and pro-military...**** this guy! Burn his ass.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
any leniency would just show that certain people are privileged and get special treatment. like the rich and the connected. how does that look to all the grunts who put their lives on the line daily that the brass gets a free pass for doing something illegal. the brass is supposed to set an example to the enlisted are they not?

either way jail time is due im sure. if it can be proven he was drunk, throw the book at him. as mentioned, he threw all his accomplishments down the toilet. and no offense to anyone in the service by any means but just because he served for 27 years did not necessarily mean he did anything wonderful, besides his service in general. achieving the rank of a colonel does not mean he earned the MOH or anything. could have been an NCO with 27 years.

RIP to the trooper. i feel so sorry for her little one :(

either way he fled the scene of a fatal accident which usually results in jail time. being legally intoxicated just adds to that. had he stop and rendered aid, but was legally impaired, he would definitely be looking at a manslaughter charge as well. same thing happened to a friend of mine.

Spot on. I can by no means compare my stack to his, but his stack looks a little meager for a Colonel... just sayin. Most Lieutenant Colonels I served under had stacks nearly twice his size. Just because he did a tour doesn't mean he didn"t sit behind a desk the entire time.

Users who are viewing this thread