Resurrection: Procharged Cobra

Cobra4pt6

Banned
Blk98Cobra said:
Personally I dont believe it was anything to do with the imrc's that his intake blew up. Could have been the dyno time and also the fuel pressure going thru the intake + the bolt that was tightened right. He had a stalling issue since the motor was built and the intake not being bolted down probably was the cultprit of his stalling issue. I'm almost positive that the intake not being bolted down caused a vacuum leak which caused stalling and probably some loss of power. I dont remember who his tech was. His compression is 11.5.1 I think. When his car was at 300 rwhp, they were insane, felt like an 03 cobra. His motor was done at murillo's also and Im not too sure how long it took. His car is awesome though, his sign on name here is doubletrouble, you will find him in the sn95 forum.

11.5:1 compression and only 296rwhp - yeah he needs to get that looked at

doubletrouble

The Mad Scientist
Established Member
Yea that's me. I've dumped about 10 Gs in that shop since October. And my car seems to have more and more problems than it ever did before. I'm becoming really frustrated and worried about Murillos Motorsports. Definitely some shady ish goin on there. My car has been in there almost as much as it's been running since Oct. Its in the shop 50% of the time. Im sick of my car and I think Ima sell it. And the reason for only 296hp is because the heads&cams are stock, so my car acts like a stock motor with bolt ons, even though my bottom end is forged. If I dont have the H/C/I to flow it, it's good for nothing. Ima get all that stuff later if I keep the car, since my bottom end isnt gonna go anywhere for a long time.

badboycali_559

Established Member
Cobra4pt6 said:
update: went to check on the car today, saw my car, motor is in, all they have to do now is put the blower head unit on and power pipe.....they're giving me a free car wash, having my old motor acid dipped for free (im keeping it as a souvenir), and they gave the hookup on the total cost, knocked $1100 off the total bill...i'll have the car monday finally, monday is dyno tuning in the morning.....

i'll have the new numbers posted monday afternoon....

update???? :bash:

Cobra4pt6

Banned
numbers are in:
we incurred a few technicalities, which were pegged MAF at 5500rpms and maxed out fuel injectors at 5500rpms, murillo said i needed 55lb high impendence injectors and an SCT maf to run it up to 7000 rpms.... for now, he set my rev limiter at 6000rpms, but here are the numbers at 5500rpms:

511rwhp and 500lbs-ft torque at 12psi on my P1SC

Last edited:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
lol

60s are the same price, they have a better spray pattern for better driveability and tuners love them since they are so popular with the 03s. oh and you get another 10% of injector capacity.

whats your fuel system look like?

Last edited:

Cobra4pt6

Banned
i was shocked when i saw 500lbs-ft of torque on the screen, i was like HOLY SHIT!!!, i was expecting around 418lbs-ft rwtorque and 530rwhp, but saw 511rwhp

badboycali_559

Established Member
wow, i was expecting more rwhp but ur rwtq is bad a$$, i'll max out my p1sc soon wiht a built motor, but i really wanna upgrade to a d1sc.

u said u were goin to use nitrous in the intercooler, did u?

very nice numbers, post som pics and som videos, i wanna hear the car, must be screaming now and list the setup once more with all the mods please!!!

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Cobra4pt6 said:
fuel system is all stock except for 03 pumps/tanks and 42lbers

that 03 setup may start calling it quits on you. do you happen to know the duty cycle on the pumps? usually 03 owners hit 100% duty cycle around 530rwhp without jacking up delta P.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
t-45 will hold up if you aren't crazy with it. Otherwise, I would expect it to go soon.

I think the T-45 is rated at 300-350 ft-lbs of torque.

Better start looking for transmissions...

NXSVTCOBRA

i'd take it easy on the transmission if i were you, like no hard launches or power shifting, try and save that input shaft until you upgrade to a 26 spline......

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
60's and an SCT maf here as well... 14psi d1sc.... tad under 11.0:1 520rwhp with pulling timing...

gonna do some break-in and retune..looking to make 550 to the tires....I wish I still had 18psi I liked having 590 rwhp

yoshis99_cobra

Established Member
I'm gonna be putting on my p1sc with stock internals. I'm probably only gonna run 6psi to be safe for the time being. What can i do to upgrade the tranny for the time being? I'm also getting 42# injectors for $200 bucks but should I just upgrade to 55# or 60#'ers because I plan on next year going with a bigger boost after I build up the bottom end.

Cobra4pt6

Banned
badboycali_559 said:
wow, i was expecting more rwhp but ur rwtq is bad a$$, i'll max out my p1sc soon wiht a built motor, but i really wanna upgrade to a d1sc.

u said u were goin to use nitrous in the intercooler, did u?

very nice numbers, post som pics and som videos, i wanna hear the car, must be screaming now and list the setup once more with all the mods please!!!

with that 2.9 pulley, it's spins up so fast, im making about 10psi right at 4 grand and it just builds from there. what's crazy is i'm making 300lbs-ft torque at only 2500rpms.... another good thing is that since my rev limiter is now at 6 grand, i dont have to worry about over spinning the blower at 7 grand........

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
Cobra4pt6 said:
with that 2.9 pulley, it's spins up so fast, im making about 10psi right at 4 grand and it just builds from there. what's crazy is i'm making 300lbs-ft torque at only 2500rpms.... another good thing is that since my rev limiter is now at 6 grand, i dont have to worry about over spinning the blower at 7 grand........

I've got a tingle in my pants.... :pepper: :poke:

That's f#cking awesome man!

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Congrats on the new numbers!! I've been reading your posts for a while now but haven't been posting. Everytime you gave a date for it to be done, I didn't sweat it cuz I know how shops are with big projects. I'm glad you kept getting in their shit though, so they knew you were pissed about it!!! Anyways, congrats, and hurry up with those new numbers with the new MAF and injectors!!!!!!

Cobra4pt6

Banned
killspray said:
Congrats on the new numbers!! I've been reading your posts for a while now but haven't been posting. Everytime you gave a date for it to be done, I didn't sweat it cuz I know how shops are with big projects. I'm glad you kept getting in their shit though, so they knew you were pissed about it!!! Anyways, congrats, and hurry up with those new numbers with the new MAF and injectors!!!!!!

im supposed to go to the track tomorrow, hopefully i'll have 1/4 mile numbers tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread