Resurrection: Procharged Cobra

Cobra4pt6

Banned
well guys, my car will be ready wednesday 2/16/05, the new motor is in the car, all they have to do now is hookup the connections and hoses,etc....im picking it up wednesday...

here's my new setup:
MMR 4.6 mod 900 shortblock (8.9:1 compression)
Bassani Mid-length headers
UPR O/R X-pipe
Bassani Catback
AFM Power Pipe
Procharger P1SC (2.9 RR pulley - 12psi)
3 core intercooler
Reichard Racing Velocity Ring
PHP Intake spacer
113in Gatorback belt
S&B 8'' powerflow airfilter
Apten chip
04 cobra heads
King Cobra Clutch
GKN Halfshafts
Michelin Pilot Sport 315/35 tires

i'm going to do a 500 mile breakin (heat cycling), including stop and go driving to break the clutch in and then on 2/17/05 pulleying it and dyno tune. 2/23/05 is track day :banana:

hoping to at least put down 530 RWHP with an 11.5 A/F :shrug:

Last edited:

Cobie03

Established Member
Sounds badass! I can't wait to see your dyno results and if you can take some pics of the new setup and post them. :beer:
Oh yea btw you might want to check out an AFM powerpipe for your procharger it's a good piece (alot better than that cheap plastic piece procharger supplies).

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
sucks that you have a new clutch. the car needs to be broken in hard.

oh and the 113 inch belt may be too big. my 99 has a 113 inch belt and i have the stock 3.6 pulley.

Cobra4pt6

Banned
Cobie03 said:
Sounds badass! I can't wait to see your dyno results and if you can take some pics of the new setup and post them. :beer:
Oh yea btw you might want to check out an AFM powerpipe for your procharger it's a good piece (alot better than that cheap plastic piece procharger supplies).

i've been looking for a powerpipe also, where could i find one?

also i've been looking for a morpheous powerpipe but i can't find their website

Cobra4pt6

Banned
quadcammer said:

oh and the 113 inch belt may be too big. my 99 has a 113 inch belt and i have the stock 3.6 pulley.

thats probably why i was only getting 6psi on a 10lb pulley, b/c i was using a 114in belt....

ill see what this 113in makes on my 2.9, if it makes less than 11psi, i'll get either an 112in belt or 111 inch belt

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
just my 2 cents , but i wouldnt spray if i were you.
just up your boost some more if you want more power.
why do two power adders?

Cobra4pt6

Banned
no_slow_svt said:
why do two power adders?

i dunno, b/c i want a 50shot, just to have it on reserve in case i get nose to nose and can't pull any harder

blown01cobra

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Cobra4pt6 said:

Morpheous is no longer open the owner was caught producing Meth out of his house and is in jail.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
Cobra4pt6 said:
i dunno, b/c i want a 50shot, just to have it on reserve in case i get nose to nose and can't pull any harder

if you get around 530rwhp not many people are gonna be able to run nose to nose with you. :burnout:

Cobra4pt6

Banned
i got my first run setup for saturday..... it's a mustang Bullit with a vortec v-1 on 8 psi, 406rwhp 390tq.... he dosen't know that i'm blown, let alone built bottom end and 14psi.......can't wait to see his face.....
he likes to run for money too....should i let him know what i have or just take his damn money...?

Machinator

Banned
quadcammer said:

How did you get 621 whp on 14psi and not intercooled.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Machinator said:
How did you get 621 whp on 14psi and not intercooled.
cams and a ported intake :shrug:

nothing at all special about my combo. it just works.

LaserCobra 98

Established Member
Cobra4pt6 said:
i got my first run setup for saturday..... it's a mustang Bullit with a vortec v-1 on 8 psi, 406rwhp 390tq.... he dosen't know that i'm blown, let alone built bottom end and 14psi.......can't wait to see his face.....
he likes to run for money too....should i let him know what i have or just take his damn money...?

AWESOME!!!!

All that money, should have gone into real debt and went turbo :pepper:

I envy your new setup. Nothing like having the confidence to pack on the boost and line em' up with anyone.

That 50 shot could help you get out of the hole better. I've often wondered why someone doesn't design a "launch" hit. Something that sprays a 50 or 75 shot from 1,500 to 3,200 then lets the blower take over.

OrangeMachine

Established Member
no_slow_svt said:
why do two power adders?

A lil bit of spray can cool down intake temps as well as make nice power/torque. Not a bad idea if he wants a little bit more power. By the way, sounds like it is going to be sweet. Keep us posted.

Cobra4pt6

Banned
badboycali_559 said:
if ur puttin down 14lbs of boost, u should be well over 550 with ur setup

i hope 550+, i dont wanna get my hopes up to high so im going for an attainable hope of 530 at the minimum....

i'll keep everyone posted....

i didn't wanna spend another 4 grand for a turbo/install...next year i will though.

Last edited:

Cobie03

Established Member
Cobra4pt6 said:

Anderson Ford Motorsports (AFM) now sell powerpipes for the procharger for our cars. I have one and the piece is top notch. I picked up 2lbs. of boost and 20rwhp after getting rid of that cheap plastic piece. The pipe is 4in. ceramic coated and mandrel bent.
Orderline: 1-888-715-6497
Techline: 1-217-935-2384.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
LaserCobra 98 said:
AWESOME!!!!

All that money, should have gone into real debt and went turbo :pepper:

I envy your new setup. Nothing like having the confidence to pack on the boost and line em' up with anyone.

That 50 shot could help you get out of the hole better. I've often wondered why someone doesn't design a "launch" hit. Something that sprays a 50 or 75 shot from 1,500 to 3,200 then lets the blower take over.

Because 1500 RPMs to too low to spray a wet kit, which would result in puddling. You don't normally start spraying until 3000-3500 RPMs. A dry kit might work, though, I don't know. Didn't check out dry kits when I was researching nitrous.

LaserCobra 98

Established Member
lemosley01 said:
Because 1500 RPMs to too low to spray a wet kit, which would result in puddling. You don't normally start spraying until 3000-3500 RPMs. A dry kit might work, though, I don't know. Didn't check out dry kits when I was researching nitrous.

I meant dry. Wet would be a tuning nightmare. That fuel pump wouldn't know what to do :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread