Resurrection: Procharged Cobra

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
All these bad experiences in motor building. I'm not looking forward to it when it's my turn. I've already scouted out some shops here in Tampa. They have good reps.

Keep us posted. Hope you get better soon. Nothing like being mad with a 103 temp...

Cobra4pt6

Banned
update: went to check on the car today, saw my car, motor is in, all they have to do now is put the blower head unit on and power pipe.....they're giving me a free car wash, having my old motor acid dipped for free (im keeping it as a souvenir), and they gave the hookup on the total cost, knocked $1100 off the total bill...i'll have the car monday finally, monday is dyno tuning in the morning.....

i'll have the new numbers posted monday afternoon....

Last edited:

Cobie03

Established Member
It's about time! Hopefully (and I am sure when you see your dyno results) it will be worth the wait. It's nice that they knocked off $1100 from the bill. But the one that says it all is the car wash ( OH YEA!) :rolling:. Can't wait to see dyno #'s.

Good luck with all that stuff man. I was there on Friday when you showed up at Murillos with your friend in the 350z. I was there with my friend in his 97 red cobra. His intake decided to blow up yesterday night after biff's because some bolts weren't tightened. Like I said good luck with everything on your car, it looks like I will not be letting Murillo's touch my car in any lifetime

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
1100 is about right for how much they were overcharging you.

id check that car over REAL good before you leave there man.

Cobra4pt6

Banned
Blk98Cobra said:
Good luck with all that stuff man. I was there on Friday when you showed up at Murillos with your friend in the 350z. I was there with my friend in his 97 red cobra. His intake decided to blow up yesterday night after biff's because some bolts weren't tightened. Like I said good luck with everything on your car, it looks like I will not be letting Murillo's touch my car in any lifetime

murillo motorsports does great work, by far the best in town, but i think that they need lots of help/schooling on their customer service skills.....and they also take quite a while to work on a car......also prewitt racing in austin, does great work and has EXCELLENT customer service......as far as tuning, murillo is the only place in central, tx i would take my car to - to go get tuned......
yeah i saw that red cobra there, i thought it looked sweet with those black wheels and red calipers...what's all done to it? how did his intake blow up, was he spraying?

Cobra4pt6 said:
murillo motorsports does great work, by far the best in town, but i think that they need lots of help/schooling on their customer service skills.....and they also take quite a while to work on a car......also prewitt racing in austin, does great work and has EXCELLENT customer service......as far as tuning, murillo is the only place in central, tx i would take my car to - to go get tuned......
yeah i saw that red cobra there, i thought it looked sweet with those black wheels and red calipers...what's all done to it? how did his intake blow up, was he spraying?

Yea its my friend David's car. I was there with my black 98 also. No major things done of course but I dont know if I trust that place anymore after what my friend has gone thru. I painted the calipers for him and he just got those rims on it a few weeks ago. Has an 04 cobra iron block, non-ported heads, non-ported intake, stock cams, Jlt RAI, o/r H, frpp shorty headers, magnaflow catback, 4.56 gears and some other goodies. No spray. They just upgraded his fuel pump to a 255 walbro pump along with an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator because they thought it was the reason why the #'s were so low. Turns out his imrc's were stuck closed so they zipped tied them open. Well at biff's later that night, I guess after all the dyno time it was worked. When he turned on his car at Biff's, kaboom he says. His intake blew up as if it was a nitrous backfire. I dont know wth happened but supposably the back intake bolts were not tightened right which could have been the culprit. I dont know what happened today but I felt pretty bad for him. :( I was telling him how the only time I've ever seen an intake blow up was on an lsjuan and on mustang gt's with nitrous. He said it was freaking loud as hell and scary.

Last edited:

Cobra4pt6

Banned
could also have had something to do with those IMRCs.... by any chance, do you remember who his technician was?
what's his compression at? i bet those 4.56 outback are insane....
did he have his motor done at murillos also, did it take as long as mine?

Last edited:
Cobra4pt6 said:
could also have had something to do with those IMRCs.... by any chance, do you remember who his technician was?
what's his compression at? i bet those 4.56 outback are insane....
did he have his motor done at murillos also, did it take as long as mine?

Personally I dont believe it was anything to do with the imrc's that his intake blew up. Could have been the dyno time and also the fuel pressure going thru the intake + the bolt that was tightened right. He had a stalling issue since the motor was built and the intake not being bolted down probably was the cultprit of his stalling issue. I'm almost positive that the intake not being bolted down caused a vacuum leak which caused stalling and probably some loss of power. I dont remember who his tech was. His compression is 11.5.1 I think. When his car was at 300 rwhp, they were insane, felt like an 03 cobra. His motor was done at murillo's also and Im not too sure how long it took. His car is awesome though, his sign on name here is doubletrouble, you will find him in the sn95 forum.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread