Resonator delete

Necrosuit

Established Member
I know this thread is old but thought Id share.
Just added the Resonator Delete to my 2011 GT500 along with the SS hood.
The hood made the SC louder due to heat extractor vents
Adding the Delete also made a nice difference, more so at higher RPM.
This also has the boss Quad exhaust which makes the SC compete for sound. all fun. But I think this cheap add on was worth it.
Resonator_delete.jpg

wantedGT500

Established Member
Hey guys, just bumping this thread from the dead, but did anyone see a LOSS in boost after installing the FRPP res delete? I'm on stock filter still (yellow)

I was running 15lbs before (stock), now running 14lbs, heard of some say they gained boost, but I checked connections, etc and haven't seen any issues.

Just curious.

Thanks -

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
You shouldn't, but then again it's getting hot and your car might be reacting to heat soak. The gauge is not a real gauge that operates on atmospheric pressure/vacuum. It's just a meter that operates off of PCM output. Now if the PCM is detecting heat, it's will pull timing and other tricks to keep you from harming the engine that could actually affect boost.

David Neibert

Established Member
Hey guys, just bumping this thread from the dead, but did anyone see a LOSS in boost after installing the FRPP res delete? I'm on stock filter still (yellow)

I was running 15lbs before (stock), now running 14lbs, heard of some say they gained boost, but I checked connections, etc and haven't seen any issues.

Just curious.

Thanks -

I'm using the JLT resonator delete that does the same thing as the Ford Racing part, but IMO looks a little nicer. I don't think it did anything to the boost because the parts before and after it were unchanged, and I believe the stock throttle body is a larger restriction than the stock air filter, intake or resonator. So all the resonator delete does is look better and allow you to hear a little more supercharger whine.

intake3_zpscc81e2f5.jpg

David

Users who are viewing this thread