replacing the front struts without messing with the camber plates

s281er238

YELLOW MELLOW
Established Member
i have maximum motor sports caster camber plates and i was wondering if anyone changed there front struts without messing with the camber and just loosing the 3 bolts on the struts and pulling it out so i don't have to re align them . since there already in place

braindontstop31

Established Member
i have maximum motor sports caster camber plates and i was wondering if anyone changed there front struts without messing with the camber and just loosing the 3 bolts on the struts and pulling it out so i don't have to re align them . since there already in place

There is some slop where the two bolts hold the strut on to the knuckle. May affect if very slightly. I bought a camber gauge from Maximum Motorsports, it was $75 bucks. Beats taking it to a shop so they can rub there pants button all over your fender. That happened to one of my old GT's and dude was like "I didn't do that". I wanted to hit the SOB.

TRBO VNM

OP, do you understand how the strut comes out? Doesn't sound like it if you think you will mess with the cc plates.

You just remove the center nut from the top of the strut and then the 2 bolts from where it connects to the spindle. Be certain you keep track of the spacers on the strut shaft. You probably have some up top under the strut nut and underneath on the strut shaft.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Just for your safety, make sure you preload the spring with a jack before loosening any strut bolts or nuts, or the spring can shoot out and cause you serious harm.

Loosen the top nut, loosen the 2 bottom bolts, remove top nut holding strut toward engine, slowly lower jack until strut clears the fender. Then stop jack before the spring comes out. Remove 2 lower bolts and it is out. It is very simple if you know what your doing.

Users who are viewing this thread