Replacing Rotors and Pads?

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
I have been doing research on different kinds of rotors, and pads. I came across these. They seem almost to good to be true for the price! I read some reviews and almost everyone of them were very positvie. I was wondering if any of you guys ran these or similier ones like these on your car.The reviews I read were from Audis- F150 trucks, camaro to mustangs, and etc etc. I thought about giving them a shot. what do you guys think?

Here is the link:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

thank you for all your replies in advance :rockon:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Go to the upper right corner and use the "search" drop down....

type in ROTOR PROS....

www.rotorpros.com

It looks like you are on a budget....nufff said

Wife just ordered her rotors (4) and pads $240.00 to the door and they are everything that ebay ad seems to claim, just sayin

And I did mine in Sept..no issues

Last edited:

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
I personally would never buy something as important as brakes off ebay from some no name company.

Thanks for your opinion man. They have a website you can directly order from also. I seen on a Camaro forum (Ls1 tech I think not sure) that they are a sponsor. I was just wondering if anyone had any personal experience with the product or even company. Like I said I couldn't find any bad reviews but that still doesn't warrant a purchase either.

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
Go to the upper right corner and use the "search" drop down....

type in ROTOR PROS....

www.rotorpros.com

It looks like you are on a budget....nufff said

Wife just ordered her rotors (4) and pads $240.00 to the door and they are everything that ebay ad seems to claim, just sayin

And I did mine in Sept..no issues

Thanks for the reply. Honestly, my budget isn't to tight. I cant afford Brembo, but you know what I mean. I like the ones you recommended also. I did see a couple people using the ones I suggested with no problems but I seen more using RotorPros. I just seen the price and thought it was too good to be true!
I rather go with quality rather then saving a couple bucks too.

SlowYellow

Established Member
That is really cheap. But... if you wanted something name brand, this is advertised as a SSBC kit, but it's really SSBC rotors and hawk HPS pads. I thought $370 shipped for all four corners was a damn good deal. They stop great as well. Here is the link and a pic with them installed.

SSBC Short Stop Big Brake Kit

DSCN0913.jpg

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
This has been brought up DOZENS of times here. Rich at rotorpros does a great job, uses Centric blanks, and will get you a set of four rotors for around $200. Beats the eBay stuff any day of the week.

The site is rotorpros.net by the way...

My somewhat custom setup:

P1020219.jpg

P1020210.jpg

Last edited:

203SBvert

Established Member
This has been brought up DOZENS of times here. Rich at rotorpros does a great job, uses Centric blanks, and will get you a set of four rotors for around $200. Beats the eBay stuff any day of the week.

The site is rotorpros.net by the way...

My somewhat custom setup:

P1020219.jpg

P1020210.jpg

How much for the brembos? Lookin good!

speeddemon2000

Established Member
Tirerack prices on the Centric stuff is not bad either.
Front Left - $48
Front Right - $59
Rear - $44

If you want the Cryo'd Version they are $71 for the front and $54 for the rear.

If you wanted a slotted rotor those are $119 for the front, Slotted and Cryo'd that $145. That's sold under the Power Slot name but it's the same company.

From what I have seen posted by others the Centric Blank is a good cheap rotor used by road racers on a budget.

Last edited:

toomanytoys

Established Member
I happen to have stuff from Brakemotive76 on both my Cobra and my Expy. Could not be happier. My cobra stops on a dime and my Expy has had these brakes on for 20k miles with plenty of towing cars around. No warping and no squeaking. HTH

nickstang545

Established Member
I will never own drilled or blotted rotors again. My rotors had 5k miles and they cracked all the way through, I went back with oem and it stops better and not warpage or breaks yet.

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
I happen to have stuff from Brakemotive76 on both my Cobra and my Expy. Could not be happier. My cobra stops on a dime and my Expy has had these brakes on for 20k miles with plenty of towing cars around. No warping and no squeaking. HTH

I did hear alot of good things about them also. Is your car a DD, or street raced alot? I heard they have great duribility unless you street race or track your car alot. The price seems good but it seems like like so many people have different experiences with after market products.

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
I ordered my dimpled and slotted rotors and pads from rotorpros about 2.5 weeks ago. He had a mixup on a few orders so mine has been delayed. No worries, he's been cooperative and seems to be a nice guy.

C.Wied

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Adding to all this, Rich @ Rotorpros gives you a two-year warranty on the rotors, so that is nice. All the eBay rotors give usually a one-year warranty or none at all. One year out of mine so far and they look great.

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Rotorpros got mine in last week and they look great. Same price as mentioned above. Can't wait to install when car is out of storage.

toomanytoys

Established Member
I did hear alot of good things about them also. Is your car a DD, or street raced alot? I heard they have great duribility unless you street race or track your car alot. The price seems good but it seems like like so many people have different experiences with after market products.

My car isnt a DD but my truck is. I do flog the car on occasion as well as race it. No problems to report so far on either.

As for warping, I towed my 87GN from NYC to my mothers house in south De and my factory Ford rotors were shot after that. Every time I stepped on the brakes the steering wheel would shake. I have towed my car 3 times (once in stop and go traffic in summer) since I changed the brakes over and no problems whatsoever. Thats why I decided to put them on my Cobra as well.

Users who are viewing this thread