replacing resonators with bullet mufflers?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Im anxious to hear the outcome. I really dont like the idea of crimped up exhaust pipe ahead of the mufflers. Might be a great alternative to the resonator delete.

I will bring it over. There still may be a muffler swap in my future. More uncharted territory to investigate. LOL.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
It worked!!

Did everything I wanted it to do. Tamed the rasp a good bit, kept the deep sound and toned down the tubular "hoot" to the point where it is a pleasant "tuned" part of the sound, instead of something that you want to avoid. I have to take the kids to eat, videos when I return. I did a drive by on Mikestoyz, so I am sure he will post up. :-D

I am once again happy with my exhaust. I also have pics, it came out nice!

Mike

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
It worked!!

Did everything I wanted it to do. Tamed the rasp a good bit, kept the deep sound and toned down the tubular "hoot" to the point where it is a pleasant "tuned" part of the sound, instead of something that you want to avoid. I have to take the kids to eat, videos when I return. I did a drive by on Mikestoyz, so I am sure he will post up. :-D

I am once again happy with my exhaust. I also have pics, it came out nice!

Mike

Looking forward to the pics and vid!

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Ok, videos. After looking at these videos, I am amazed at how much deeper it has become since the addition of the 3 inch Bullets. Almost all of that top end "sizzle" and rasp has been eliminated. I am really liking this sound, throaty...yet not too loud and only super aggressive when you get on it.

WOT drive away:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3GK0kLjR88&list=UUECPEzGAKEB4O9G3T-ImoFA&index=4&feature=plcp"]2012 Mustang GT 5.0 Dynomax Ultra-Flow with 3 inch Bullets takeoff - YouTube[/nomedia]

Rev Up:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAjo9am4dko&list=UUECPEzGAKEB4O9G3T-ImoFA&index=1&feature=plcp"]2012 Mustang GT 5.0 with Dynomax Ultra-Flow and Bullets, Pypes X-Pipe rev up - YouTube[/nomedia]

Slow Drive Away:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE1Vy7JwK3k&list=UUECPEzGAKEB4O9G3T-ImoFA&index=2&feature=plcp"]2012 Mustang GT 5.0 with Dynomax Ultra-Flows and Bullets, Pypes X-Pipe, slow driveaway - YouTube[/nomedia]

Coming at you:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNGo0PouTrA&list=UUECPEzGAKEB4O9G3T-ImoFA&index=3&feature=plcp"]2012 Mustang GT, 5.0 with Dynomax Ultra-Flows and 3 inch Bullets slow pass - YouTube[/nomedia]

The Lope:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UltTnGJNKI&feature=youtu.be

Also, please enjoy my squeaking rear LCAs. LOL.

I think this was a smashing success. I went from thinking of swapping my exhaust, yet again, to totally satisfied. Also, the car feels like it picked up. Might be my imagination, but it feels stronger. Keep in mind that I had 2.5 inch pipe where my resonators were before.

Pics:

Bullets1.jpg

Bullets2.jpg

Last edited:

mikestoyz

Established Member
I dont think the videos do it justice. Mike gave me a drive by sample since I was out on my bike with the fam when he was heading home. About a block away as he cruised up, it was so low and deep...all you heard was this 50hz thunder cloud moving towards me, he hit the gas for a few brief moments and was delighted with a great tone that wasnt weak sounding at all....dont mistake it for being too loud, just strong, nearly knocked a kid off her bike LOL.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I dont think the videos do it justice. Mike gave me a drive by sample since I was out on my bike with the fam when he was heading home. About a block away as he cruised up, it was so low and deep...all you heard was this 50hz thunder cloud moving towards me, he hit the gas for a few brief moments and was delighted with a great tone that wasnt weak sounding at all....dont mistake it for being too loud, just strong, nearly knocked a kid off her bike LOL.

nice! it does sound pretty good. glad that mike finally found a solution that works! i find that reving my car at people instead of honking my horn is way more amusing.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Are they just no name bullets? Sounds great, I think I may do this.

Dynomax. I bought them locally, so they were $50 a pop. Jeg's sells them for like $45. These are the 3 inch, 16.5 inch length. They were a near perfect fit, only a little tweaking required.

Mike

mikestoyz

Established Member
Now Im thinking I should do the dynomax instead of gt500's. If I dont like it, Ill swap to a X pipe....dont like that, add the bullets

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
after i get mine one hopefully this coming week i plan to see how it sounds with the bullets and no mufflers. maybe it will sounds good but my buddy had them on a 95 5.0 w/o cats and it sounded like shit. bullets are better on LS motors. mike your car sounds good man makes me feel better about getting some.

mikestoyz

Established Member
after i get mine one hopefully this coming week i plan to see how it sounds with the bullets and no mufflers. maybe it will sounds good but my buddy had them on a 95 5.0 w/o cats and it sounded like shit. bullets are better on LS motors. mike your car sounds good man makes me feel better about getting some.

Yeah, what worked on the old pushrod motors does not work on these. They are two different animals. I hated dynomax on the pushrod 5.0, but love em on the coyote.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
well i got mine on this morning and all i can say is HELLS **** YEA!!!! finally no more rasp and it sounds so damn smooth. it make it a lil quieter but once i got WOT it is almost just as loud as before but w/o the rasp.

if anyone is thinking about this, stop thinking and just do it b/c it works great.

i didnt get any before or after videos b/c it was a spur of the moment thing to get the mufflers put on and i didnt have my go pro with me plus the weather was crap today.

NickG

Established Member
Im gonna get some put on tomorrow. I have an offroad h with gt500 axleback ill let y'all know how it sounds

Users who are viewing this thread