replacing resonators with bullet mufflers?

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
well guys i hacked off my resonators 3 days after i got this car... damn near 2 years later here i am with a off road H pipe and flowmaster mufflers and a tune and this and that blaa blaa blaa.

i LOVE the way the flowmaster mufflers sound but with out the cats and resonators it is just too damn raspy around 2k rpm and up under part throttle. i refuse to the put cats on b/c i like how loud my car is plus the power i picked up w/o cats. so i just ordered some 2.5" dynomax bullet mufflers to put where the resonators use to be. has anyone done this?

trying to kill the rasp and no kill power so if you have done this let me know and if not i guess il be the first to post a video of it.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
well guys i hacked off my resonators 3 days after i got this car... damn near 2 years later here i am with a off road H pipe and flowmaster mufflers and a tune and this and that blaa blaa blaa.

i LOVE the way the flowmaster mufflers sound but with out the cats and resonators it is just too damn raspy around 2k rpm and up under part throttle. i refuse to the put cats on b/c i like how loud my car is plus the power i picked up w/o cats. so i just ordered some 2.5" dynomax bullet mufflers to put where the resonators use to be. has anyone done this?

trying to kill the rasp and no kill power so if you have done this let me know and if not i guess il be the first to post a video of it.

I was thinking of precisely this same thing today. I need to tame mine down as well, but I loathe the idea of putting those terrible resonators back in. What kind of bullets did you get?

Mike

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I was thinking of precisely this same thing today. I need to tame mine down as well, but I loathe the idea of putting those terrible resonators back in. What kind of bullets did you get?

Mike

got these, they are 2.50 and the stock pipes are actually 2.75 but any muffler shop can expand the pipe up to 2.80 or w/e to slip over stock pipes. but these might be the perfect length to fit the 2.50" area before and after where the resonators were.
Dynomax Performance 24215 - Dynomax Race Bullet Mufflers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Last edited:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
thats kinda like what SW has in their catback. it has longer chambered mufflers right after the X then there are shorter ones axle back. I think it would tame it down like your thinking.

acrbill

Established Member
You may be been better served to get a set of 3" louvered glasspacks. The louvers work better than the perforated type. Bumping up to a 3" will help since the louvers poke into the exhaust stream making the pipe cross section smaller.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Your gonna run into a problem with 2.5in you need 2.75in. But your idea should work for your need.

99.9%stock

cuz stock sucks!!!
Established Member
I have 3'x18' bullets in place of the stock resonators with o/r x and gt 500 a/b. When i changed them the sound got deeper with less rasp and picked up power.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
sweet thats what i wanna hear. hopefully they come in soon and il get a before and after vid

I am going to beat you to it. I should have these bitches in my car come tomorrow. Local place has the 3 inch Bullets in stock. I am picking them up tonight and they are going in tomorrow. I am hoping these things cure the little issues I am having and I can finally STOP dicking with the exhaust in this car. I have about had it.

I will, of course, have video up by tomorrow evening.

Mike

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I am going to beat you to it. I should have these bitches in my car come tomorrow. Local place has the 3 inch Bullets in stock. I am picking them up tonight and they are going in tomorrow. I am hoping these things cure the little issues I am having and I can finally STOP dicking with the exhaust in this car. I have about had it.

I will, of course, have video up by tomorrow evening.

Mike

hells yea mike post that shit up asap

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Bullets are picked up and appointment set for tomorrow morning.

They do look much better than those crappy resonators.

Fingers crossed!

Mike

Last edited:

mikestoyz

Established Member
Bullets are picked up and appointment set for tomorrow morning.

They do look much better than those crappy resonators.

Fingers crossed!

Mike

Im anxious to hear the outcome. I really dont like the idea of crimped up exhaust pipe ahead of the mufflers. Might be a great alternative to the resonator delete.

Users who are viewing this thread