Replacement LED headlight bulb

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I put Sea Light brand LEDs in from amazon, they seem to match nicely with those fogs. I got the ones that didn't require a fan.

How did you get the large headlight retainer back on with this bulb? I’m installing this now, but don’t see how to put the retainer back on (it doesn’t fit over the heat sink) to keep the bulb in the housing. Got any advice/pics?

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
How did you get the large headlight retainer back on with this bulb? I’m installing this now, but don’t see how to put the retainer back on (it doesn’t fit over the heat sink) to keep the bulb in the housing. Got any advice/pics?

i don’t remember exactly how but the bulb assembly twisted into the heat sync. Separate them, put the retainer on, put the bulb assembly back together. It was in the instructions that came with mine

SLOWBRA

Established Member
i don’t remember exactly how but the bulb assembly twisted into the heat sync. Separate them, put the retainer on, put the bulb assembly back together. It was in the instructions that came with mine

Thanks, I didn’t see instructions but will see if it’s in the box/foam. That would certainly do the trick though!

SLOWBRA

Established Member

Found the instruction package and the install could not have been easier. These headlights are absolutely fantastic. Thank you for the suggestion.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Haha. I’m going to get it done and aligned. Looking forward to actually see where I am going.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

my dads place has a nice long/flat driveway I’ve just been too lazy to drive over there at night and crawl under this low sob.

need to measure the headlight height on a stock car and raise these headlights up some, it does seem like these bulbs somehow aim a tad low

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Still have the stock OEM bulbs in mine ha. I would love to replace the headlights and fogs just as long as the light temperature is the same. What have you seen work?

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Which Morimoto XBs did you go with? You are replacing the whole OEM fog housing?

There is a guy on Etsy who makes a bracket specific for the 03/04 when you purchase from hjm. That’s what I did. I wrapped up the install yesterday and the “color/temp” looks identical between the new headlight bulb and fogs.

I’ll try to snag a picture tonight.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
There is a guy on Etsy who makes a bracket specific for the 03/04 when you purchase from hjm. That’s what I did. I wrapped up the install yesterday and the “color/temp” looks identical between the new headlight bulb and fogs.

I’ll try to snag a picture tonight.

I found them and placed an order. My fogs are OEM, 25k miles, and I see some condensation in one of them. Interested in your finished look... which LED headlights did you go with?

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I found them and placed an order. My fogs are OEM, 25k miles, and I see some condensation in one of them. Interested in your finished look... which LED headlights did you go with?

Congrats man!

Here is what I got - SEALIGHT 9007 HB5 Led Headlight...

TommyT913

Established Member
Bought these for both the fog lights and headlights off of Amazon. I am very pleased with their performance. Truly plug and play as well.
LEDs.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread