Replaced the Cobra

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
I sold the Cobra back in November with the intention of getting out of some debt and then eventually replacing it. After paying off the credit cards and student loans I went from this:

to this:

03 Z06 with 36K miles. :banana:

The good thing is that I know what I'll need to do in order to keep up with the modded Cobras. :beer:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
That's a shame...I couldn't imagine getting rid of my Oxford White...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did you get a super deal on the Vette? How did you sell an '03 Cobra, pay off your student loans & credit cards, and then buy a 2003 Z06 in the span of 6 months without getting back in debt? Seems like the net result would be more debt with the Z06 since it has a higher book value. :shrug:

Nice Vette, though. Enjoy it. :beer:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Cant see an 03 vette being that much cheaper.
Oh well, just come out the closet and say your gay.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I sold the Cobra back in November with the intention of getting out of some debt and then eventually replacing it. After paying off the credit cards and student loans I went from this:

to this:

03 Z06 with 36K miles. :banana:

The good thing is that I know what I'll need to do in order to keep up with the modded Cobras. :beer:

I share your pain and disappointment...

black 10th vert

Established Member
Nice ride! I agree with CobraBob, though. How did you get out of debt selling 1 expensive car, only to pick up another (even more expensive) in such a short time? Did you come into some inheritance in the past 6 months?:poke:

Vmnous285

Established Member
CedarLakes102-1-1.jpg

^ I really love this shirt

j/k Nice looking Z06

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
Since you asked, not having a car payment or insurance on the car for that matter (even if it's only 7 months) allowed me to pay an extra $4K on student loans and credit cards. I also started a new job last month making significantly more along with getting a pretty decent bonus. I paid $27K on the Z06, so let's just say I'll be able to scrape by.

As for the negative comments; no need to get into a pissing contest, most if not all of the arguments have already been made for/against both cars.

I love fast cars in general, but being brand "loyal" IMO means you're missing out on other great cars. Example: a good friend of mine, die hard Honda/Acura guy, said he would NEVER buy or drive domestic, until I let him drive my Cobra.

Peace,

Logan

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
C5Z's are badass cars I'm just not big on them, and think they look a little bland or something. Your modding is probably going to cost more now also. I know their a better all around performance car, but I would never trade my Cobra for one. I'm too loyal to Ford and Mustang to consider that I guess. There's nothing wrong with being brand loyal. In college football would you route for whoevers the best at the moment or would you route for your team?

Users who are viewing this thread