removing resonators?

grabber blue gt

Established Member
Yeah I have roush axleback on the way and I am debating on either going with an o/r x pipe, or just cutting the resonators out.

Cobra1718 you have a video of your exhaust? Stock midpipe?

CoreyHM1

Established Member
Trust me, don't do a o/r pipe with roush axle back. I can't explain to you how obnoxiously loud it is.. and I love loud exhaust.

BillAz5.0

Established Member
Extremely happy with the SVT GT500 mufflers and resonator delete with 3" pipe on my 2011 GT. Definately a difference in tone and loudness but not too much. Also put a set of Cherry Bomb stainless double wall 8" long, 3" In, 4" Out tips on from Summit (P.N. 577556) that look great. It also helps to have an exhaust guy that knows what he is doing and Az Exhaust did one heck of a job - factory like welds and overall alignment. I measured the actual inside (downtube) on the resonators at just a tiny bit above 2" so considering the other 2.25" tubing designed (yes designed) into the system this was a bit of a 5 HP bottle neck.

ViciousJay

Established Member
i just threw my gt500's on my NEW '13, they def sound deeper on the 13 for some reason :shrug:

tomorrow is "getting rid of resonator day" and a bath for her

byeofcr

Established Member
I have SW 1 7/8 LT's, catted x, JPC over axles and the gt500 ab sitting on my floor as soon as i get to my buddies shop to install it ill post the vids up..
Its so hard to gauge on youtube, i hope it sounds as amazing as everyone makes it sound lol its the whole reason why i bought it

Coyote2011

Established Member
Good Read. Glad I ordered a Lethal o/r H pipe after listening to some of the videos on here and know not to delete the resonators!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread