removing resonators?

CoreyHM1

Established Member
I have a lethal o/r x and gt500 mufflers. It sounds good, but I want it a little louder.. I see a lot of people that have done this with a factory mid pipe, just wonder how it sounds with a o/r mid pipe. I used to have roush axlebacks but it was obnoxiously loud with the o/r x

grabber blue gt

Established Member
I am wondering about this too. I just heard a 2011 with the roush axlebacks (which I just ordered ;]) and omfg it sounds sooooo good, but I would like it a bit louder. It was kinda loud so like you said I would think o/r x with the roush's would be obnoxious

cobra1718

Established Member
I have Roush and the resonators deleted and it is loud as shit. LT header loud. I am thinking about taking the pipes off and selling them. If I do I will post in the market section.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
Just buy some 3inch over axel pipes from hearthrob or have some fabbed up at your local exhaust shop. That way if its too loud you can throw your stock over axel pipes back on and sell whatever you got.

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Soud is important..Many posts were made about deleting the resonators and many posted that it did make the exhaust too loud..
I would want to hear one first before doing it...

BV600

Established Member
JPC sells some nice over the axle pipes. Im also thinking of ditching the Resonators. My Magnaflow ORX needs replaced first.

scotmach

Established Member
Anyone have experience with the heartthrob?? Also how much is the average cost to have the resonators cut out

I have the Heartthrob cat to axle H pipe but will be removing it in the Spring. Fitment was iffy at best and I did install them on a lift. For the price they're okay. Incidentally my new setup in the Spring will be a Lethal off road H pipe and the Kooks catback.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I have no resonators, GT500s and an after-cat 3 inch X-Pipe. It is not too loud, in my opinion. It was actually louder with the swizzle stick stock H in place. I am thinking of going to Roush or something else to make it louder. It was great with MACs, but the drone was bad, Scanners cranial rupture bad, so I returned them. I had mine cut out by my exhaust guy. It is a $50 job.

It is a real tossup, if you ask me. If they were still in place, I would consider something like a muffler delete. Without them, it would be incredibly loud with a muffler delete. It is a DD, so I can't have that much noise.

Mike

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
i had this at one point, and it was cool at first, but became stupid sounding after about 2 days. i say dont do it. the car is pretty quiet on the inside, but on the outside with axle back mid pipe and stock resonators its perfect. i say keep them. i have a lethal h catless and gt500 AB and it sounds perfect after i re installed my resonators.

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
I have a magnaflow o/r x with competion catback, it's loud but it's not quite obnoxious enough for me, im looking at some catless LT's because i hate my nieghbours and dont have any emissions regulations in my area :dancenana:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
My car with a Lethal O/R X-pipe and Flowmaster 'Hushpowers' axleback and deleted resonators was obnoxiously loud!!!! I had the resonators welded back in place the next morning!!

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
This should give you an idea of how it will sound:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBTa-iJB4kU&list=FLECPEzGAKEB4O9G3T-ImoFA&index=12&feature=plpp_video"]2011 gt500 mufflers - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkD7s5e2CSQ&list=FLECPEzGAKEB4O9G3T-ImoFA&index=18&feature=plpp_video"]2011 gt500 mufflers on gt - YouTube[/nomedia]

snkchmr 1

I have the GT 500s & kooks over the axel pipes in 3" on mine & it sounds good. I do like the sound of an off road H & Gt 500s better. IMHO if you have to run cats just get the remove the resonators.

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
heres is my car again with lethal catless H, gt500 AB and reinstalled resonators

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEUarNWUM14"]2011 mustang gt500 exhaust - YouTube[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread