removing resonators?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Here are a few of my GT500 mufflers with the Resonators deleted. I had my wife drive the car in to work and filmed the car while in her Expedition (first two vids)

[youtube_browser]jum3J5I-INo&list=UUJ0aClVVg8ZwOD2p00txyKA[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]vZ4PSPw3NJs[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]WowxBQunJHE[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]Tl4yFICKxvY[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

cobra1718

Established Member
Here are a few of my GT500 mufflers with the Resonators deleted. I had my wife drive the car in to work and filmed the car while in her Expedition (first two vids)
I have had this setup and it is half as loud as Roush with resonator deletes;-)

ViciousJay

Established Member

[youtube_browser]jum3J5I-INo&list=UUJ0aClVVg8ZwOD2p00txyKA[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]vZ4PSPw3NJs[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]WowxBQunJHE[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]Tl4yFICKxvY[/youtube_browser]

if this is the stock H and gt500 mufflers ill admit that it sounds as good if not better then a o/r pipe mixed with the gt500 mufflers... i might swap my midpipe back on and sell the H and delete the resonators

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
if this is the stock H and gt500 mufflers ill admit that it sounds as good if not better then a o/r pipe mixed with the gt500 mufflers... i might swap my midpipe back on and sell the H and delete the resonators

Yep, stock H with GT500's and Resonators Deleted. Huge improvement in sound by removing resonators and the best $40 I have spent on the car! :D

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Asked mu local muffler shop today what It woudl cost to take out my mufflers.....

Shocked when he said $120!
DAMN, NC was no better than the quote I go tin FL last month.

CoreyHM1

Established Member
thanks guys, its just hard to tell what itd sound like with the o/r pipe on these cars. It makes a huge difference itself. Then removing the resonators will either be a toxic combo, or suttle :shrug: lol

Sosick

Established Member
Asked mu local muffler shop today what It woudl cost to take out my mufflers.....

Keep searching around. I got quotes as high as 240! I eventually got it done for 70. I'm sure had I haggled it would have been lower. I see some guys say it only cost them 40 bucks.

Laztug

Established Member
I took the resonators off mine.

3" magnapack catback x pipe w/resonator delete.
loud enough to wake up the neighbors...quiet enough to enjoy the radio. :-D

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktSYAl0lnRI"]2012 Mustang gt exhaust - YouTube[/nomedia]

(dont mind the dirt...it has been raining tons and i gave the car a quick wash before i went off to work :nonono:)

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

It is better if you ask "how much to cut out my resonators, and weld in test tubes".

Keep searching around. I got quotes as high as 240! I eventually got it done for 70. I'm sure had I haggled it would have been lower. I see some guys say it only cost them 40 bucks.

Yep, just over $40 here and less than a 30min job.

did they cut them out? or are resonators flanged on?
<---(nooB)

Cut out.

they have to be completely cut out and then replaced with a straight pipe (welded)

Yep.

Ditty

Established Member
For that money....Removing the resonators just might be my first modification. I'd like to see for myself what that ALONE would do to the tone and volume while the stock mufflers are on the car.

Sosick

Established Member
For that money....Removing the resonators just might be my first modification. I'd like to see for myself what that ALONE would do to the tone and volume while the stock mufflers are on the car.

A friend of mine did it and to me it was still kind of quiet yet raspy when he got on it. The combo of no resonators with the GT500 axleback is one of the best exhaust I've heard in my opinion. Not at all loud inside the car but has a good note when you get on it.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I am going to find out how no resonators sounds with a Roush axle back now as I have one on the way.

I bet it is going to be loud.

Mike

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
A friend of mine did it and to me it was still kind of quiet yet raspy when he got on it. The combo of no resonators with the GT500 axleback is one of the best exhaust I've heard in my opinion. Not at all loud inside the car but has a good note when you get on it.

x1000. I love the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread