Remove "Helper" Spring or Not?

Did you remove your "helper" spring?

• No. Never drove w/o the spring in place.

Votes: 38 40.4%
  • Yes. But I put it back on (didn't like the feel)

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Yes. Love it. Keeping it off.

Votes: 49 52.1%

• Total voters

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
start doing so squats then cuz it sounds like you left foot isn't getting enough of a workout, on top of that there is absolutely no snappiness in with in on, if anything it feels like im driving a 1987 Toyota Tercel

Start doing some squats? I did not complain that its hard to push. I complained that it feels dull. With the spring in it feels snappier. Might just be me.

Just because I do no agree with you on something that is a matter of opinion, does not make me wrong on it. But instead you act like a prick on the subject.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

RicerEater2012

Thread Destroyer
Established Member
Start doing some squats? I did not complain that its hard to push. I complained that it feels dull. With the spring in it feels snappier. Might just be me.

Just because I do no agree with you on something that is a matter of opinion, does not make me wrong on it. But instead you act like a prick on the subject.

-Thomas

There's a lot of pricks on this forum man. Lol. Most of them are playing, but occasionally you'll get one that has to take everything serious and that thinks his opinion is the only one that matters or they have to constantly correct someone.

I find it really annoying considering they do that, bc it draws the attention away from the OP... Which is not what Jay was doing and im not directing this towards you Jay.

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
There's a lot of pricks on this forum man. Lol. Most of them are playing, but occasionally you'll get one that has to take everything serious and that thinks his opinion is the only one that matters or they have to constantly correct someone.

I find it really annoying considering they do that, bc it draws the attention away from the OP... Which is not what Jay was doing and im not directing this towards you Jay.

No thats exactly what jay is doing and does. He does it in every thread.

-Thomas

ViciousJay

Established Member
No thats exactly what jay is doing and does. He does it in every thread.

-Thomas

then go to another site! :poke:

honestly you bitch more then a women does! take your helper spring and your overly not needed modded car and drive off into the sunset! Rest assured you wont be missed

Last edited:

RicerEater2012

Thread Destroyer
Established Member
i removed it for good reason, back to topic, its not needed, think of it as the cobra carpet mod that people did back in 03+
Haha okay. My spring is still in and my peddle feels good. Im going to keep my spring in untill I have good reason to remove it.

I take it 05-09/10 gt's didnt have it? I hated my buddies 08 gt stock clutch feeling.

lsxjunkie

Established Member
I took my spring out. Now my clutch droops after the car's been sitting for a while in the cold. I usually end up hooking the side of my shoe under it to pull it back up. I get about an inch and a half of travel back. When it droops, the travel feels way too short for the clutch to be disengaging completely. However, I do like that I can actually feel the engagement point now, so I'll be leaving it out.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I took my spring out. Now my clutch droops after the car's been sitting for a while in the cold. I usually end up hooking the side of my shoe under it to pull it back up. I get about an inch and a half of travel back. When it droops, the travel feels way too short for the clutch to be disengaging completely. However, I do like that I can actually feel the engagement point now, so I'll be leaving it out.

it shouldnt be drooping, look under and make sure the bracket isnt loose, also check the top (theres a red sensor) make sure its two fingers snug)

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member

sounds like shrinkage.

lsxjunkie

Established Member
it shouldnt be drooping, look under and make sure the bracket isnt loose, also check the top (theres a red sensor) make sure its two fingers snug)

I just checked. It's a hydraulic pressure droop in the master. When I pull it back up, I get full pressure and the clutch returns to full height. There is no spring at the pivot point on the clutch pedal, only the brake. The only springs left between my left foot and the flywheel are in the clutch itself. I guess they changed it for 2014.

Last edited:

NickSezz

Established Member
I just checked. It's a hydraulic pressure droop in the master. When I pull it back up, I get full pressure and the clutch returns to full height. There is no spring at the pivot point on the clutch pedal, only the brake. The only springs left between my left foot and the flywheel are in the clutch itself. I guess they changed it for 2014.

Interesting. Post up a pic if you can!

IGO 202

Established Member
I removed the spring from our '13 and the top 1" or so of freeplay does feel kinda vague, sometimes I just pull it up with my toe like mentioned....doesn't always do it :shrug:

My petite wifey (4' 10") likes it just fine too & I'm glad since it's her DD.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread