Reduce Boost (Pulley) without Re-tuning?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Car is currently running 21psi on a KB2.2 Gen 1. Looking to get out of the ragged edge right now, can I drop it down to 19psi (or whatever is recommended) without the car running hella rich? Would I need to have the car re-tuned?

gt347mustang

Established Member
Unless your tune is garbage you'll be fine.

Best to stick it on a dyno to verify everything's good.

msp.ecoboost

Established Member
Car is currently running 21psi on a KB2.2 Gen 1. Looking to get out of the ragged edge right now, can I drop it down to 19psi (or whatever is recommended) without the car running hella rich? Would I need to have the car re-tuned?
Less boost is OK Corbic! It won't run rich!

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Curt@injected

If the car has been tuned properly you should be able to drop boost without a tune change. Of course it is always best to put the car on the dyno and check it before beating it up on the street.

msp.ecoboost

Established Member
Corbic, you don't have Wideband like me?
9fef604e4765ce6b10337ec0ce1661bf.jpg

msp.ecoboost

Established Member
Widebands are $140 bucks on EBay Corbic, worth the investment!
b87652c925d4aaa12559ec5119637b87.jpg

msp.ecoboost

Established Member
Corbic, its always OK to decrease boost! When you increase boost it will hold 11.5 as long as you don't exceed your injectors and fuel supply! So you can increase boost and not need a retune, as long as your injectors ad fuel supply can keep up!
I have 60lbs injectors with a KB BAP! I'm at 610HP at the flywheel, and 518rwhp! I've got room to increase a little bit!

Zemedici

Established Member
All you have to do is go to YouTube and search

(Bill Putnum Ecoboost) or (Brad Gusler Ecoboost) or
(Lund Racing Ecoboost)!

Your a bitch Corbic! Punk!

Can we please now ban the 3rd grader, for insulting outside of SD? I think we’ve seen every possible angle of his stanced out ecoboost at this point.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
What happened Corbic? Block me for what? Helping you?

TWO of your posts have been deleted, and I have sent you a PM, to which no reply is needed....or wanted. Read it carefully and follow the instructions.

Curt@injected

That escalated quickly.

Corbic, its always OK to decrease boost! When you increase boost it will hold 11.5 as long as you don't exceed your injectors and fuel supply! So you can increase boost and not need a retune, as long as your injectors ad fuel supply can keep up!
I have 60lbs injectors with a KB BAP! I'm at 610HP at the flywheel, and 518rwhp! I've got room to increase a little bit!

On an ecoboost?

Users who are viewing this thread