Red Lobster employee suspended after posting racist receipt online

Ls2BluGoat

200,000 mile club
Established Member
Article

The waitress’s tip: zilch. The reason: She was black. And now Toni Jenkins, who works at Red Lobster in Nashville, Tennessee, was suspended with full pay for posting the racist jibe on Facebook.

Toni Jenkins found the receipt after she served a couple in their 20s at the restaurant in a Nashville suburb on Saturday afternoon. She posted the receipt on Facebook apparently to raise “awareness” of racism in the state. It promptly went viral.

racistbill.png

Real classy RL :nonono:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
It's already under investigation by the person who signed the receipt. He claims he only wrote "none" on there, and that the N-word had to have been after he left. His lawyer is looking into hiring a hand writing expert to prove his story.

Side note, clearly visible it is obvious that the N in "none" is totally different that the other N, not to mention it is two different writing styles. Shouldn't take an expert to see that.

1hot281

Established Member
It's already under investigation by the person who signed the receipt. He claims he only wrote "none" on there, and that the N-word had to have been after he left. His lawyer is looking into hiring a hand writing expert to prove his story.

Side note, clearly visible it is obvious that the N in "none" is totally different that the other N, not to mention it is two different writing styles. Shouldn't take an expert to see that.

^This

He'll end up suing the restaurant. The restaurant will fire said employee... Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will play the race card

'Murica

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member

Oh no you didn't!!!!!

We don't have a finger snapping smiley..... or it would say

:eek:hsnap:

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Grrr!!! This pisses me off so bad! I would bet that she wrote on there and posted it to make herself feel better. I'm so ****ing sick of people playing the race card when things don't go their way. If her customers had been black what would the receipt say? I don't care what color you are, if the service is good you get better than 20% tip from me and I always speak with the manager. If the service sucks, you should be happy that I pay for the food in the first place.

BlackOutUT

Established Member
I very very rarely do not give a tip of any kind. Service has to be absolutely terrible for me to give a goose egg. That being said, when I waited tables it happened more than you would think.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Im sure they have cameras inside. They should be able to see if someone else approached or signed the receipt. The words do look different but its not hard to change the style either.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Grrr!!! This pisses me off so bad! I would bet that she wrote on there and posted it to make herself feel better. I'm so ****ing sick of people playing the race card when things don't go their way. If her customers had been black what would the receipt say? I don't care what color you are, if the service is good you get better than 20% tip from me and I always speak with the manager. If the service sucks, you should be happy that I pay for the food in the first place.

You must be from Tennessee. Probably that specific town. You're being willfully ignorant to this because the race card has been brought up again. What could this girl gain from making shit up and writing it down? Did she not believe there would be an investigation? Did she not think her job would be in jeopardy? You should stop talking completely.

Last edited:

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
Also, maybe it's the light, but the blue ink of the signature appears a bit darker than the other words. Looks like different pens to me.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Also, maybe it's the light, but the blue ink of the signature appears a bit darker than the other words. Looks like different pens to me.

Could be same pens but different pressures applied.

Its amazing how unique everyones writing is, from how hard they press the paper to font spacing, curves used in letters, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread