Red Lobster employee suspended after posting racist receipt online

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Take away tips, and pay them a decent wage and they'll attract better employees.

You keep trying to convince everyone that the restaurant industry can't work like the rest of labor world, and you keep failing miserably.

Ever tip up front? Some of the best service I have had but I do not do it often.

PudgeTheMidget

Established Member
How about in states like California where min wage is $10/hr? So your waitress/waiter is getting that at a minimum. But they still feel entitled to a recommended tip of 20% or more. My sister is a bartender/waitress and she tips 40-50%.. wtf!

You don't understand minimum wage in restaurants.

Minimum wage here(NC) is 7.25/hr, but servers get paid 2.13/hr to keep for cost down for customers.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
some jobs require carrying a phone with you as it is part of your work. As a foodserver there really is no need to ever have to use your phone while on duty. Many servers are busy checking there messages on their phones instead of doing their work. Some even take impromptu breaks just to use their phones. Keep this in mind the next time you don't see your server for a while

Ture but even at my job I take 10 minute texting breaks every two hours. I told my boss if people are allowed to go smoke every HOUR then Im just gonna go text.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Ture but even at my job I take 10 minute texting breaks every two hours. I told my boss if people are allowed to go smoke every HOUR then Im just gonna go text.

Man, the smokers at my job seem to smoke every thirty minutes, no lie. Shits annoying because I don't smoke.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Moral of the story is go to school & acquire a good degree that'll allow you to get a good job with good pay...otherwise quit bitching to us about how your well being relies on us tipping good. You picked the job, you understand the risks. Some people are complete dicks. I base my tip off of performance. I generally tip 20%, but if you suck you get tipped accordingly...I would gladly get my ass up & get my own drink, rather than wait half an hour for an incompetent server to do it...it's not hard at all. I work for my money, so don't expect me to just give you my money for "serving" me & doing shit a trained monkey can do.

Either way, it's not a threat on the receipt...It's offensive...but only directed to that person privately. The waitress made it public, along with exposing the customers private information. This is just a cry for attention. Deal with it & move on, rather than starting shit over some nonthreatening, written word. If it said Bitch, I bet there would be no issue...bitch would be seen as a sexist comment, but ****** is racial & racial issues are what's trending in media today.

wildman97

Established Member
So I was the one who didn't understand how it works. Fair enough! :beer:

Saying that, how much is $8/hr in CA compared to other states? I honestly don't know how the cost of living compares.

In some parts you may survive on $8 an hr. But here in San Diego you would be in a hurt locker if you only had one income.

Users who are viewing this thread