Recommended Engine Oil

Poppacapp

Established Member
Never heard of Amsoil but did a quick search on it and I notice some guys saying its the best synthetic to go with.......why do you say not to go with it???

Because you will be sucked into the hell that is "Multi-Level Marketing" :)

They claim they are the best ever... anything that comes out of their doors is better than anything else out there.. excellent sales tactics.

I just use Motorcraft 5w-50 full synth in my GT500... I'm sure I won't have any problems with it.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Oh boy...
416847flamesuit.jpg

weaselp1

Established Member
motorcraft synthetic, mobil 1, amsoil, Royal purple...doesnt really matter...just change the oil and you will be fine...they are all full synthetics and all do the same thing at the end of the day :) just my 2 cents...i have used all of them and havent had any issue on any car i have because i change the oil at the correct intervals.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
motorcraft synthetic, mobil 1, amsoil, Royal purple...doesnt really matter...just change the oil and you will be fine...they are all full synthetics and all do the same thing at the end of the day :) just my 2 cents...i have used all of them and havent had any issue on any car i have because i change the oil at the correct intervals.

<------Is waiting for Jimmy and Troy to step in and debate you.

weaselp1

Established Member
<------Is waiting for Jimmy and Troy to step in and debate you.

haha....just my experience, i have used all of those oils over the years and changed the oil every 4k on full synthetic, and i have had cars last over 300k miles (98 mercury sable) and never had any issues due to any of the oils i used...i used to be a mobil1 guy then changed to amsoil, RP etc etc etc...no issues at all with the mentioned brands, so to me they all do the same thing. once again, just my 2 cents and I am not interested in getting into a debate over this :)

1strike

Established Member
Royal Purple HPS 5w30

and Royal Purple is a full synthetic.

Looking back at my question.....I didn't realize how stupid it came off first asked........what I meant to say was.....should I go with Royal Purple....or is there a preference like motorcraft of mobile 1 over the RP.

I think I'll go with the RP 5w 20. 22k miles....I push it really hard on the freeway here in Arizona so we'll see.......thanks again guys.

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
I use amzoil only because it came with the car! Haha and only have 15k on the clock. All are mostly the same to me as well but I believe in sticking with one manufacture instead of jumping around based on cost and overall trust in what your using. Ex my boat always valvoline straight 50w. My street trucks valvoline race 40w. And the cobra amzoil full synthetic. And the bikes were all changed with motorex. End story stick with what you feel comfortable running.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I run Amsoil SSO 0w-30 in the Cobra with no issues. I run their XL Series in my truck and my wifes escape, and the OE formula in my civic. All of the UOA's I have seen on Amsoil products have been great. With that being said Royal Purple and other synthetics are a great choice.

Im a preferred member with Amsoil so its actually cheaper for me to run their products than other brands. Check out bobistheoilguy.com and do some reading and pick what oil suits your needs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread