Recommendations for winter/retirement home

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Try this: Move to Vegas where gun laws are pretty lax. Buy a condo in the San Diego area which is roughly a 4-5 hour drive away. One hour flight. I know you're anti-Cali but San Diego has a decent Republican presence due to its strong military presence. And San Diego weather is to die for. So live in Vegas 6 months and a day to take advantage of tax laws and the rest in San Diego where you can boat and have the salt you desire.
I’m honestly not sure we could afford to live in San Diego.
Isn’t a little bungalow like over a million dollars.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I only want to own one property when the wife fully retires. Owning two pieces now is very expensive and very time consuming.
I would definitely rent for a few months in New England during the summer months.
Mehhh maybe. My parents own two places. One in NY and the other in Florida. It's not time consuming or problematic.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Mehhh maybe. My parents own two places. One in NY and the other in Florida. It's not time consuming or problematic.

It’s a pain in the ass to me. Constantly fixing and upgrading and cleaning shit. I would spend good money on my primary house when she retires.

All I want to do when we move is be on a boat all day and still go to the gym. No golf or any other shit.

VegasMichael

Established Member
It’s a pain in the ass to me. Constantly fixing and upgrading and cleaning shit. I would spend good money on my primary house when she retires.

All I want to do when we move is be on a boat all day and still go to the gym. No golf or any other shit.
Your other place isn't getting that messed up because you're not living there. An unlived place only needs to get cleaned once every six months. I understand the boat life you desire but that can be incorporated in with what I stated.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Your other place isn't getting that messed up because you're not living there. An unlived place only needs to get cleaned once every six months. I understand the boat life you desire but that can be incorporated in with what I stated.
I get tired of paying double for everything too. Taxes, insurance, utilities etc.

Users who are viewing this thread