Recommend efficient daily driver

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
The '05 Toyota Avalon I just inherited. 280 hp, 55K miles, every comfort needed, 30+ mpg on the road and will last forever. I couldn't get 15K for it if I tried and I can't think of any 20K car I'd trade it for.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
The '05 Toyota Avalon I just inherited. 280 hp, 55K miles, every comfort needed, 30+ mpg on the road and will last forever. I couldn't get 15K for it if I tried and I can't think of any 20K car I'd trade it for.

My friend has 260,000 on his Avalon, original trans. Car never seems to need anything.

96 cobra

Established Member
A lot of people joke that I drive a Prius. Yet when we go on long trips everyone wants me to drive. If you don't mind being seen in one, get it. Smartest car purchase I've ever made. I drive just as much as you do.

And if there's an HOV lane in your area, and you have a significant commute, you'll save many hours of travel time.

A friend of mine saves around 30-45min of travel time each day.
Assuming 251 work days/yr, she's saving 126-189 hours each year. :rolling:

Last edited:

Kannif

I'm that guy!
Established Member
Whoever pops up the first 100+mpg diesel hybrid will be king. Audi has one in the works. I'd pass on a auto for high mileage VW's. newer models are basically common rail diesels and do get "less" in the terms of upper 40s versus my low 50s. Peanuts. I want a tdi cup car for my next dd.

Kannif

I'm that guy!
Established Member
Side note. I am driving a 2013 civic auto 4 door for a rental while they repair my jetta from getting bumped in the rear. Babying the car an majority hwy is 36-40avg combined.

Users who are viewing this thread