Recaro Seat Wear

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Hmmmm…. Ford might need to rethink the material quality again because this isn’t normal in my eyes and isn’t something I would tolerate. If your car had 60-80k on it then I might understand it but unless you’re sitting there with a buffer on the seat then this is something you need to bring back to Ford.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
you guys spent all that money on the 302....what a few more bucks for leather? and ya thats gotta be a defect....the marauders also have that problem on the floor liner

1) Leather isn't an option and 2) I prefer this cloth over leather, it doesn't fry your legs when you get in on a hot Texas day or freeze your ass on a cold one.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I don't have this issue, and I'm no lightweight @ 210 lbs. Granted my car is only 2 months old and has 1500 miles, but I do drive it every day. I always put my wallet in the door; never leave it in my pocket. I try to lift myself a bit so I don't slide over the seat; I just plant myself. I was concerned about the wear issue, so I'll just have to keep an eye on it.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I dont think we should have to go to that extent. My car has less than 3000 miles and I have owned it for 6 weeks and already I am having this problem. If its that bad now what will it look like in a year or 2?

EDIT: In case people are wondering what we are talking about here is a pic of my seat. My car is still brand new I have owned it less than 2 months and it has 2700 miles on it.

20120806_064734.jpg

That is terrible!! Mine is not wearing yet, but I am no light weight at 215... I hope it was a bad batch of material. That sucks!!!!

JV_92_03_10

Established Member
I have the leather Recaros. They aren't showing wear pattern other than the letter stitching of Recaro down the side is bleaching out. The car is always garage kept but driven regularly. Also the left shoulder seat belt brackets have fallen out on the driver AND passenger seats. I have 2012 GT500. The first one fell out at 2500 miles and the second one not too long after that.
I was told there was supposed to be a recall...I'm still waiting...

Dagwood

Established Member
I have also tried to be gentle on the seats. I know sliding in over the bolsters can put added wear on them. I had obvious wear on my custom leather Recaro's that were in my Cobra. So I have been careful to treat these seats with care. I have not however removed my wallet when driving, however I will now. I also am careful not to pivot on the seat when I enter or exit, I lift myself out of the seat. Something is wrong with the fabric in these cars. My son has a 2003 SVT Focus. The leather has worn through but the fabric is still holding up at 135K miles. My concern is that Ford will replace the material and it will happen again over and over until I am out of warranty. BTW I am about 190lbs.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I don't have this issue, and I'm no lightweight @ 210 lbs. Granted my car is only 2 months old and has 1500 miles, but I do drive it every day. I always put my wallet in the door; never leave it in my pocket. I try to lift myself a bit so I don't slide over the seat; I just plant myself. I was concerned about the wear issue, so I'll just have to keep an eye on it.

this, i cant stand to sit on my wallet at all so its never in my pocket whether im in my car or at the office.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I only weigh 185, 6 ft tall and my seat back is already messed up. I have had 8 mustangs and my seats always looked brand spanking new. Something is up with this material. I'm not impressed!

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
I am surprised you guys wear your wallet while driving....that just seems like an obvious pressure point to me. Plus it's uncomfortable. I'm 205 but 8% body fat...aka skinny butt.

I am extremely careful not to crush the bolsters or slide/twist on the seat fabric...but honestly, what sports car doesn't require a little flexibility to get in and out of???

Unrealford

Established Member
I am surprised you guys wear your wallet while driving....that just seems like an obvious pressure point to me. Plus it's uncomfortable. I'm 205 but 8% body fat...aka skinny butt.

I am extremely careful not to crush the bolsters or slide/twist on the seat fabric...but honestly, what sports car doesn't require a little flexibility to get in and out of???

I agree on wallet in back pocket, first thing I do is squeeze it into parking brake and console.

Mustang owner since 84

Dagwood

Established Member
OK I finally got around to taking the car to a Ford Dealer. He took some pictures and a couple days later I got a call that my new seat cover was in and ready for install. They had a local interior shop do the install. By the way Ford price on the seat cover, bottom only, was $850. It was installed today and looks like new. My concern however is this is just going to happen again. I have seen a couple Boss 302s over the summer that are having the same problem. The seat material should last for years without a problem. Even the guy at the upholstery shop said the seat material looks inferior. I will wait to see if this cover does the same thing. If so, and others are having the same problem, which Im sure they are, we need to get Ford to replace all of these seat covers before our warranty expires.

shelbysvt

Established Member
The leather does the same stuff. Ford leather and cloth material are garbage. They wear out very quickly. I literally have to glide by way in and out of the car without rubbing on the bolsters. Though its pretty impossible to get out of this car without rubbing the bolsters. Also when I am in the seat I try not to move around at all really to not add additional wear. It's really ridiculous. I plan on getting my interior redone in the next year or so. I seen leather reacros look terrible after a year or 2. They get all wrinkly and crap like that. It's cheap american leather and cheap cloth.

Last edited:

Konaboss302

Funtime!!!
Established Member
Mine are showing some wear at 7200 miles already. When it comes time I'll just have the seats redone in some better cloth. I bought the car to drive the hell out of it, so I need to fix it somehow, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread