Recaro Seat Wear

Dagwood

Established Member
Is anyone noticing excessive wear on their Recaro seats. I just noticed my 2012 Boss seats are already showing wear on the seat bottom surface. The threads are gone and the material is pilling. I only have 5500 miles on the car and I am in no way rough on the seats. I have not gone back to the dealer yet so I don't know what they will do or say. Just trying to find out if this is a common problem.

2013Boss302

Established Member
Mine is starting to do it where my wallet is in my back pocket. Im kind of bummed about it.

edit. Mine is a 2013 with 2700 miles :(

Dagwood

Established Member
Mine is also mainly where my wallet is, or maybe that is where I pivot to bring my legs in. I'll let you know what my dealer says. I would really like ford to recognize this and provide a better more durable material for the seat surface.

Unrealford

Established Member
I know it sure doesn't look great, but I bought a cheap seat cover from Pepboys for my drivers seat,
When I get in and out of mine I hold myself up by putting my hand on door pillar and raise my butt into center of seat before I sit.

Unrealford

Established Member
Here's the cover, looks like garbage, but does the trick
2011-08-22_18-12-02_473.jpg

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
My 2000 Cobra R seats started to wear on the bottom too. Must be a Recaro thing.

2013Boss302

Established Member
replace them with leather recaros....

I dont think we should have to go to that extent. My car has less than 3000 miles and I have owned it for 6 weeks and already I am having this problem. If its that bad now what will it look like in a year or 2?

EDIT: In case people are wondering what we are talking about here is a pic of my seat. My car is still brand new I have owned it less than 2 months and it has 2700 miles on it.

20120806_064734.jpg

Last edited:

Dagwood

Established Member
This is some type of material defect. Even if Ford replaces the seat material it will do it again if they use the same material. Like 2011GT310 I am concerned what this will look like in a couple years.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Hmm, mine has like 15k miles and I haven't noticed any excessive wear. Could this be the one issue my car doesn't have??:lol::lol1::bored:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Hmm, mine has like 15k miles and I haven't noticed any excessive wear. Could this be the one issue my car doesn't have??:lol::lol1::bored:

thats cuz you only weigh like 110 lbs!!!! LOL

its cloth material...not going to be as durable as leather

LostPony

Established Member
No wear on my seats at 11,500 miles. I'm also a lightweight at 145lbs.

Kat, be careful, you know your car likes to pick up new ideas from forums!

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
i'm a heavy weight. 5,500 miles and mine still looks like new. strange things goin on.

edit: and I'd rather wear the seat down to the springs before putting that cover on. you don't really use that thing do you?

Last edited:

fleshmcfilth123

Established Member
My non-Recaro cloth had that same wear at 500 miles, they were replaced at ~1200 under warranty and now with 3400 miles they're doing it again.

Unrealford

Established Member
i'm a heavy weight. 5,500 miles and mine still looks like new. strange things goin on.

edit: and I'd rather wear the seat down to the springs before putting that cover on. you don't really use that thing do you?
When I go to track I do, this year I kinda forgot about it. But at the track where your in and out of it like 15x a hr I definitely do. I do care about how it looks, I care about the seat.

DirtyDan10

Established Member
you guys spent all that money on the 302....what a few more bucks for leather? and ya thats gotta be a defect....the marauders also have that problem on the floor liner

Users who are viewing this thread