Rebuilt title Mystic cobra

ATFPat

Established Member
I ran into the same thing, when looking for a cobra, a few months ago. I would have bought a cobra that was involved in a wreak. As long as everything checked out and all looked good regardless of title. I ended up buying something with a clear/clean title and in the end, I found evidence of damage to the front end. Currently sitting in a shop getting body work done ..........

For an event that happened so long ago and all the miles put on since then, I would check it out.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Good luck when you look at it....considering it does have a salvage title, $14k not bad for a MC with a few goodies!

Just look it over real good! :)

Snake Plissken

Established Member
600 miles... about 9hours... and yeah... i'll drive it back. Hopefully nothing breaks on the way back. HA!

One good thing about that...

The drive back will give you plenty of time to listen to the car and feel how it handles on the highway.

Maybe we'll run into each other this summer. I don't see a lot of Terminators in STL/St. Charles area. I know there are few around.

You are in MO/Southern IL, right? Had a guy tell me he was in St. Louis once. Turned-out, Bay St. Louis, Mississippi. Close, I guess. STL is on the Mississippi... river that is. Ha!

BoostinFD

Established Member
One good thing about that...

The drive back will give you plenty of time to listen to the car and feel how it handles on the highway.

Maybe we'll run into each other this summer. I don't see a lot of Terminators in STL/St. Charles area. I know there are few around.

You are in MO/Southern IL, right? Had a guy tell me he was in St. Louis once. Turned-out, Bay St. Louis, Mississippi. Close, I guess. STL is on the Mississippi... river that is. Ha!

I'm in St. Louis... Kirkwood area. Would love to go to some meets... If I get it.

Dan04COBRA

Established Member
This car will be 16+ years old a few years from now. That salvage title will mean all but nothing soon enough.

If you intend on selling the car down the road, the salvage title won't be a huge issue as it's a Mystic. It will likely never be worth less than it is right now. At it's age now, financing is already becoming difficult, few more years and it will be all but impossible for most. The market for buyers will change once CU's will no longer finance these cars for close to 80% of their value.

However, if you aren't prepared for gremlins & don't have the patience to deal with them, a salvage car thats heavily modified may not be for you. For another 4-6k you can get into a higher mileage close to stock 03/04 where basic maintenance will be in your future, versus potentially troubleshooting someone elses modded car. Not a big deal to some, but could spoil the experience a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread