Rebuilding The Terminated Cobra1FAFP48Y43F309694

Roush6018

Established Member
if i was getting a MM K-member for my car i would order with spring perch. i would run stock 03 cobra control arms and run H&R Sport springs / bilstein shocks . right now i have stock k-member, 01 GT control arms and H&R sport springs / bilstein shocks with lower ISO front & back. also running a Built IRS with 3.55 gears.

the coilovers are very popular for making your car sit LOW. with my springs i am lowered and stay at that height, for coilovers i could make it the same as my H&R or it could go lower. problem with being too low is SCRAPING.

i just got gas at the Chevron with good price gas, their driveway is steep like the pyramids, i take it slight angle and i am in getting the Good Gas for cheap, with zero scraping in my lowered cobra. Can you imagine having your car too low and you scrape the shit on your exhaust and Side Skirts and front bumper all because you had to pull into a Gas Station???

03' White Snake

Established Member
if i was getting a MM K-member for my car i would order with spring perch. i would run stock 03 cobra control arms and run H&R Sport springs / bilstein shocks . right now i have stock k-member, 01 GT control arms and H&R sport springs / bilstein shocks with lower ISO front & back. also running a Built IRS with 3.55 gears.

the coilovers are very popular for making your car sit LOW. with my springs i am lowered and stay at that height, for coilovers i could make it the same as my H&R or it could go lower. problem with being too low is SCRAPING.

i just got gas at the Chevron with good price gas, their driveway is steep like the pyramids, i take it slight angle and i am in getting the Good Gas for cheap, with zero scraping in my lowered cobra. Can you imagine having your car too low and you scrape the shit on your exhaust and Side Skirts and front bumper all because you had to pull into a Gas Station???
Coilovers set up correctly are far superior to springs. You can run Coilovers without lowering the car at all. The added benefit is you can dial in ride height on Coilovers. Springs, the height is predetermined and adding or removing ISO’s is your only adjustment.

Coilovers need to be designed with struts already chosen and the correct spring rates that go along with them. Adjustable struts allow even more fine tuning.

I went from cheap UPR coilovers to MM with different spring rate and the car rode and handled night and day differently. Far less noises too.

Last edited:

bird_dog0347

Established Member
With a MM K member (or most all aftermarket really) you will have to go with coil overs up front at a minimum. If you are planning to use this car on the street, get all MM or stock suspension, BMR if you only plan to drag race it.

01yellercobra

Established Member

Last time I looked at BMR they still had issues with the K member. My friend had one of the first premium versions. It barely fit. Everyone else had the same problem. After waiting 6 months for an "updated" version we found the only difference was that they made the slots for the rear mounts about a half inch longer. It's in the car now and he's happy which is all that really matters. At first I was going to switch from my MM set up because I want to get rid of the remote filter set up, but after dealing with all that I decided to stick with my MM set up.

When I bought my car it had the H&R Race springs. I switched to coilovers a few months later and haven't looked back. It's a little lower now, handles better, and rides about the same as when I had the H&R's.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Probably in a checked bag, I doubt in a carry on.

I used to travel with tools and spare parts for work (medical devices) and I always had to check them.

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
Finally back home to Lima. Been considering getting a K member from MM so just waiting on my own willingness to spend the money I already have saved for it. Was looking at the entire front end kit form MM but part by part vs kit had no price difference. Been thinking about the back and and the IRS and still want to get my original IRS that was in the car. I talked to MM and they say the FTBR kit for the IRS is just a copy. What kit is actually better?
I'd be looking at the MM IRS Race package at $1300 or the FTBR at around $900 Who is better.

Edit: reason for previous post is I was thinking about picking up KMJ Titan when I was in Florida visiting family. Also got to do some photography when I was there.

Badaz01

Established Member
I have the ftbr kit in my irs along with the ford racing diff cover. Not sure of the difference between mm kit but I have no complaints. One thing I would’ve liked to have done was send the irs cradle to Kenny brown and have it re cut and designed to better accommodate the geometry of the rear end. But then I’d have to run coil overs. Always a trade off no matter what you do

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
So with the harsh lake effect winter setting into lima I'm once again not doing a whole lot. Had a local wiring pro come look at the harness and see if he saw anything super interesting. On another note been thinking on wheel set up and that side of things as I'd like to have that figured out as it could impact my brake setup. I know someone on here named "Mooch29" did the same on his.

Iv always been more of a JDM import guy so I was thinking some Work VSXX wheels. I think the CCW looks good but is over done and I want it to have its own unique touches.
1000060573.jpg

On the other front I'm deciding to go with a Codion front end as from what iv seen you have more room for activities including washer fluid and other things.

On the suspension front, Nick Panico has been the one who has help with alot of parts so far and so we are putting together a front end package.
(MM K member, arms,spindles, ect)
(He is a vendor for MM)

I know Turn One offers a R spec rack upgrade for 1k. Is there any benefit of this vs trying to track down the Cobra R rack?
Iv heart it's a valving difference.

Or are both not worth it.

As well the kenny brown IRS parts. Are they worth it or not?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread