Rebuilding The Terminated Cobra1FAFP48Y43F309694

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
Run base or GT seats until it's mobile. If you come across a screaming deal on seats grab them then.

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member

Attachments

• 20231025_104702.jpg
    20231025_104702.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 20231025_104656.jpg
    20231025_104656.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 20231025_104652.jpg
    20231025_104652.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 79

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
Was wondering if I want to keep stocks or moved to a better one. I have an 04 dash dash and headliner so I may go the back charcoal set up but have it custom made with color match white stitching.

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
TMI upholstery is an option. They're on my front seats and they're very nice.

Sent from my SM-S536DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app
While they are an option, they only sell complete front, or front/rear sets. I had a Bullitt seat that just needed a passenger upper cover and they wouldn't sell an individual part.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
While they are an option, they only sell complete front, or front/rear sets. I had a Bullitt seat that just needed a passenger upper cover and they wouldn't sell an individual part.
Oh, I didn't know they did it like that. Maybe it's best that way though because they look very similar to the factory seats but are just slightly different from what I've seen. Mine are parchment with the snake embroidery in black, so if you only bought one side it would be slightly different than the other side without the black snake.

Sent from my SM-S536DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
Figured I'd put up an update as to how things stand. I know that I want to make the car a street car. I figured I may as well have an eventual direction for beyond the day it runs and drives. That direction. Half mile racing. Since I went to my first shift sector event I have always wondered what it would take to be decent and what's considered fast at thoes events(200mph) I kind of started to move the goal posts to one day joining the 200 mph club. The problem is. Do I start going in that direction and make adjustments like putting in a roll cage now and have the car tech legal to 200 even as a street car. Or do I get the car running and driving then slowly advance the build. Note we are taking about awhile into the future. 2028 or 2030. My gut says just get it running and driving first. My concern is if I start building it for half mile now il never get it done do to time and cost for a build of that caliber.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Get the car running and driving. It may not even be safe at 60mph. You are going to have so many issues that will arise once it’s moving under its own power that you’re going to have to sort out, if you do manage to get the car together.

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
Get the car running and driving. It may not even be safe at 60mph. You are going to have so many issues that will arise once it’s moving under its own power that you’re going to have to sort out, if you do manage to get the car together.
True. I plan to have it checked over by a few different experts before it's hits the road.

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
Ok iv taken a week to actually think over what I want to do and how I want to go about the rest of this.
I am starting from a shell and am ditching the stock suspension that was under the front end so I'm basically piecing everything together.
I am thinking of talking with BMR for most of it.
K MEMBER (BMR)
COILOVERS (Feal)
Caster camber plates.
Sway bars. (?)
Stock rack.(rebuilt)
New spindles with bearings.
Forged wheel studs(APR)
New brakes (ATS-V or better)

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
The Terminated Cobra/Project Lazarus update:
TLDR: not alot has happened because I hate wiring. Wondering what the benefits of a true coilover set up are (feal suspension) or a coilover kit are for a street biased car. Getting a MM k member soon.

Well I figured I drop in and kind of give a little update. So as of right now i've kind of been sitting in limbo. Basically, the wiring is mostly in the only harness. That's not in the car is for e c u. There are some little cuts and stuff in the wires that I have to figure out. And the one thing I refuse to touch on a car is wiring. So when it warms up a little bit because the garage is not heated. I'm gonna call someone in and have them fix some of the broken wires. On top of that preparing to go for a K member. Trying to find ground bolts is also proving to be a pain in the neck. There's a lot of decisions about the car that are also kind of up in the air. Thinking about rear seat delete. It's kind of depressing because at this point. I'd hope to already have had everything installed to the point where I could put a battery in it and at least see the gauge cluster light up. Needles to say i'm not really where I wanna be yet.
I've been spending most of my time working on stuff for college and Performing admin duties of New Edge Nation Facebook group. At this point my current goal heading into next year is I want to get most of my suspension stuff ready to go in the car. Currently number one on the list is a Maximum motorsports K member setup. Also wondering if I should go with a coil over set up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread