Rebuilding The Terminated Cobra1FAFP48Y43F309694

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
At this point, a lot of advice/pointers have been offered up to the OP. Some of it he'll hopefully use. He's probably on overload right now. Why not just let him proceed at his own pace, and unless he asks for new specific advice, let him do what he wants, including making any mistakes along the way. He'll hopefully learn from them. The OP has his intentions set in his mind so let him fly and go at it. If he asks for advice in the future, give it, and let him do with it what he will, right or wrong. JMO guys.

dan1982

Established Member
I’ll try to keep up. I don’t want to keep speaking for the op, but I stand by my statement that suggesting a nitrous ‘busa is a poorly developed thought, which is a nice way of saying it’s ****ing retarded. I wouldn’t suggest a bike like that to a young guy who is trying to wrap his head around the concept of piecing together a basket case Terminator. The majority of advice here is to try and help guide op to a better situation, not make one worse.

View attachment 1774845
almost any idea is better than the OPs idea..... he can go fast and learn something and actually complete a project for way way way way way way way way less money than this POS SALVAGED COBRA parts car...Its gonna suck him dry andhe will NEVER EVER EVER finish it. price out some cobra specific parts.... even little odds and ends. he literally needs EVERYTHING. why would u wanna put this kid through this?

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
almost any idea is better than the OPs idea..... he can go fast and learn something and actually complete a project for way way way way way way way way less money than this POS SALVAGED COBRA parts car...Its gonna suck him dry andhe will NEVER EVER EVER finish it. price out some cobra specific parts.... even little odds and ends. he literally needs EVERYTHING. why would u wanna put this kid through this?
Bro, go back and read every post I’ve made to the op. I was one of the first who tried to give older and wiser advice to him, specifically to maybe keep him from going through this. But at the end of the day he asked our advice and several gave it. If he wants to stay the course at this point then all I can say is bonne chance mon ami. However, I still will help give the lad any further advice he asks for, but I highly doubt my opinion will change.
I don’t know why you’re so hung up on wanting to go fast Ricky Bobby. He just wants to build and rescue a cool ass car.

dan1982

Established Member
Bro, go back and read every post I’ve made to the op. I was one of the first who tried to give older and wiser advice to him, specifically to maybe keep him from going through this. But at the end of the day he asked our advice and several gave it. If he wants to stay the course at this point then all I can say is bonne chance mon ami. However, I still will help give the lad any further advice he asks for, but I highly doubt my opinion will change.
I don’t know why you’re so hung up on wanting to go fast Ricky Bobby. He just wants to build and rescue a cool ass car.
Maybe your right... im assuming he wanted to go fast because he chose THIS CAR.. a cobra. everyone seems to want to jam boost(more than stock) down these cars throats and go fast.. they are the perfect car to hop up a little without having to dig into internals early on in the process. Maybe i drew a conclusion i shouldnt have. Its still a terrible idea to try to ressurect THIS expensive ass car. People dont give away or bargain on COBRA specific parts.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Dan, your concerns might very well be justified, but in the end, it's HIS business and he has to make HIS decisions, right or wrong. We can't visit what we would do on someone else with the expectation that they will listen and take the advice. I share a lot of same concerns that YOU have. But after it became pretty obvious he is going to do what he's going to do, I let it go. I wish him the best. And I also hope there will be life lessons learned along the way.

dan1982

Established Member
Dan, your concerns might very well be justified, but in the end, it's HIS business and he has to make HIS decisions, right or wrong. We can't visit what we would do on someone else with the expectation that they will listen and take the advice. I share a lot of same concerns that YOU have. But after it became pretty obvious he is going to do what he's going to do, I let it go. I wish him the best. And I also hope there will be life lessons learned along the way.
some people are stuck on stupid i guess. But even when i was young and stupid and hardheaded and stubborn I wouldnt have tried to rehab a corroded carcass of a shell of a cobra.
203025001_4696742383674215_1869577109755580304_n.jpg

Last edited:

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
Hope he wasnt scared off.
thumb_caniget-an-update-meiegeieraror-riet-can-i-get-an-update-53214685.png
I'm still here, iv had some stuff happen and I am taking it step by step. I am gonna leave the damage on the quarter as the quality of the bondo work was actually decent.

I have been saving up for a Team Z prefab tube front end.
I hope to have the new front end purchased in a couple of weeks.

If anyone wants to trade a 8.8 solid axle for some not dented or rusted fenders I'm open to a trade.

I'm also looking for a body harness so I can lay down wiring, then the interior as I have an interior in that donor car, il have to clean it up but it should work.
If anything interesting il put out an update but it may be a bit slow.
Anyway, have a good weekend.

- Jonah

03' White Snake

Established Member
I'm still here, iv had some stuff happen and I am taking it step by step. I am gonna leave the damage on the quarter as the quality of the bondo work was actually decent.

I have been saving up for a Team Z prefab tube front end.
I hope to have the new front end purchased in a couple of weeks.

If anyone wants to trade a 8.8 solid axle for some not dented or rusted fenders I'm open to a trade.

I'm also looking for a body harness so I can lay down wiring, then the interior as I have an interior in that donor car, il have to clean it up but it should work.
If anything interesting il put out an update but it may be a bit slow.
Anyway, have a good weekend.

- Jonah
You can literally buy brand new reman fenders from Rockauto, $64 one side and $98 for the other.

dan1982

Established Member
It just sucks to watch someone make a mistake that will be sooo time consuming and costly. I made a mistake on a 7 series BMW once.... i still remember how much that one ended up costing, even with me doing allllll my own wrenching. I figure about 3 years and/or 20000 bucks just totally wasted. It was a mistake.... from start to finish. the entire idea. I wish i had set fire to that car. I should have.,.. early on.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
It just sucks to watch someone make a mistake that will be sooo time consuming and costly. I made a mistake on a 7 series BMW once.... i still remember how much that one ended up costing, even with me doing allllll my own wrenching. I figure about 3 years and/or 20000 bucks just totally wasted. It was a mistake.... from start to finish. the entire idea. I wish i had set fire to that car. I should have.,.. early on.
Everyone has told him pretty much the same thing. Let him sink on the ship and understand the regret we were all trying to save him from.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I totally hear ya, Dan. I really do. And I agree. It's like a son who you give strong advice to, multiple times, but he just doesn't seem to listen, or care to take your advice. In the end, you have to let go and let him learn life lessons on his own. To be accountable for his/her mistakes.

LS WUT

Established Member
I volunteer to take it off your hands at great personal sacrifice and burden.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I’m so glad I know that I have friends on here that would do me such a service like that. Warms my heart. You’ve got it, I’ll let you know Thursday if she’s being shipped to you. :D

Users who are viewing this thread