rear camber issue

bcwang

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Have any of you ever heard of a stock cobra not being able to get the rear camber within spec? Mine is actually sitting at positive camber 0.1 on the left rear wheel. The right side is ok though. That seems a bit strange to me.

What can be done if it really is at the end of adjustment for camber? CC plates are only for the front adjustments right?

Thanks

Common

Established Member
Have any of you ever heard of a stock cobra not being able to get the rear camber within spec? Mine is actually sitting at positive camber 0.1 on the left rear wheel. The right side is ok though. That seems a bit strange to me.

What can be done if it really is at the end of adjustment for camber? CC plates are only for the front adjustments right?

Thanks

I had the same problem 2 weeks ago, I took it to a nice reputable shop, they fixed the camber and the alignment on the whole car for 120$.

bcwang

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
How did they fix the problem? Mine was at the dealer and they said it can't be brought within specs without some aftermarket parts.

racebronco2

Established Member
You need to remove some metal from upper control arm slot and maybe some metal from the camber adjustment bolt. I did this and i can get as much as 1 1/2 neg camber, i only needed to do this mod on the passenger side.

bcwang

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
My car is completely stock. So are you saying with everything stock, it might be possible that you can't get camber into spec on the rear? Mine is positive camber and it feels like some weird handling problem as a result.

bcwang

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Ok, I got more clarification on the problem now. Apparently, they did not adjust the rear camber because the front camber was already past the low side of spec at the end of the stop. The dealer said if they fixed the rear camber, it may make the front camber go even more out of spec. Does this make sense?

Common

Established Member

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I have the POS Kenny Brown IRS control arms in my car and when I pull them out this Winter I'm going to fix that problem.

But I did notice that wen we aligned the car we needed to use external force once we reached maximum travel on the eccentric adjusting cam. A long ass 2 x 4 along with a block and a strap allowed us to adjust the wheel further than the cam would allow us. Now that I've made notes as to what needs to be done on each side (each side varried in problems) I'm pretty confident that will be one more thing to check off of my to do list.

Pretty soon the current car I track will be perfect and I'll have to retire it and build a new faster, lighter car with more power!!!! :idea::read:

Users who are viewing this thread