Little bit puzzled.........little help please.PICS

Common

Established Member
I ordered some 25mm spacers(MM's), they arrived and I put them on right away.

Drivers side sticks out way further then I would wish, while the passenger side is flush with the fender(quarter panel)<just how I wanted it. Tried swapping the rims from one side to the other and still the same.....Tried using a level to see and found out the left (DRIVERS) side rear wheel has a different stance so to say(it sits PERFECTLY perpendicular with the floor) and it looks awkward as hell. I drove the car, REtightened all the lugs and still the same shit.:nonono:

CAN THIS BE ADJUSTED?

Last edited:

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I know you can have an alignment done on a IRS car...maybe that has something to do with it?

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Looks like the rear camber is out of adjustment, you need an alignment. You can see the top of the right side tire is tilted in. Where the top of the left side tire is tilted out.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Did you measure the spacers to make sure they sent the same sizes?? Also the camber is really hard to align on these cars without CC plates

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I put a set of eibach 21 mm spacers I think, is perfect , 11 in rims with 315 tire. 25 mm sounds like too much, but im sure it depends on rim backspacing :shrug:
good luck

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
Looks like the rear camber is out of adjustment, you need an alignment. You can see the top of the right side tire is tilted in. Where the top of the left side tire is tilted out.

+1. It's possible to adjust it yourself for the time being to get rid of that look but you will still need an alignment.

Common

Established Member
Thanks to all who replied, Alignment seems to be the only thing left to do. Will update tommorow after I get it done.

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
Glad it was something simple and you got it sorted out :beer:

Thx man, you were right on the money with your guess, EVERYTHING was off by a little bit but left rear was off the most, took it to a great shop that uses newest laser type alignment machine and it was done great.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thx man, you were right on the money with your guess, EVERYTHING was off by a little bit but left rear was off the most, took it to a great shop that uses newest laser type alignment machine and it was done great.

Yep, Dave knows these cars well. I respect his input on issues like this. He's surely spent enough hours working on Terminators. Eh Dave? ;-)

P.S. - Cool to run into you a couple of weeks ago on Rt. 68. Your car looks and sounds sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread