Really? This Qualifies For "Stand Your Ground"

blubyu87gt

Established Member
Well you’re reading comprehension is 5th grade. Read my last post. The push was assault.

Again, would I be authorized to use deadly force in that exact moment? No.

You with what I’m guessing is very little to no ability to defend yourself without a gun? Maybe you’d be judged differently.

Blast away!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

...... One would think that with your uber LEOness you'd know the difference between assault and battery.... Especially before questioning another persons comprehension lol.....

You’re unbelievably ignorant.

I would be saying drop the gun the second it came out. If he started shooting an unarmed retreating person, I would shoot to stop the then assailant.

Can’t believe how much this argument has changed my opinion of ccw people. Geez.

More worried about being around you untrained trigger happy folks than the other guy. Trust me!

Its sounds like you and GNBRETT or whatever his name is went to the same academy with retarded comments like this....

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
The Stand Your Ground law has been perverted ever since it was enacted in swamp-ass Florida. It's just a bunch of homicidal maniacs itching for the most minimal reason to kill some people.

Parking in a handicap spot: Illegal
Bitching at someone parked in a handicap spot: Illegal - It's called verbal assault.
Shoving someone hard who is verbally assaulting your girl: Self defense
Shooting the person who shoved you: UNJUSTIFIED when you're the one who started the altercation.

That was an unjustified killing, and the sheriff knows it, too. But with this being Florida, we know why he's not bringing charges.

Just based on those posters' past attitudes in these kind of situations, there is a reason why they're pretending like they think this was a justified killing, but that ain't it.

It's only verbal assault if you're threatening physical violence.

MG0h3

Established Member
...... One would think that with your uber LEOness you'd know the difference between assault and battery.... Especially before questioning another persons comprehension lol.....

Its sounds like you and GNBRETT or whatever his name is went to the same academy with retarded comments like this....

And exactly what experience do you have on this topic?

Or does a simple shove like that equal a life threat to you as well? I’ll assume that’s the case. ‍♀️

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
It's only verbal assault if you're threatening physical violence.

If the shooter was so emboldened to start a pissing contest over a friggin' parking spot, I'm willing to bet he hurled some threats of physical violence among other things.

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
If the shooter was so emboldened to start a pissing contest over a friggin' parking spot, I'm willing to bet he hurled some threats of physical violence among other things.
giphy.gif

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
My question is if this guy was causing all this trouble and harassment on multiple occasions why the store owner didn't just have him be barred from this store and flat out told the next time you show up the cops will be called and you will be arrested and sent to jail to be charged with criminal trespass. I mean since there has been more than a few times he has pulled this junk. This would be what I would of done if I was the store owner simply tell him to pack off and not to return unless he wanted to be charged and have me sue him.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
My question is if this guy was causing all this trouble and harassment on multiple occasions why the store owner didn't just have him be barred from this store and flat out told the next time you show up the cops will be called and you will be arrested and sent to jail to be charged with criminal trespass. I mean since there has been more than a few times he has pulled this junk. This would be what I would of done if I was the store owner simply tell him to pack off and not to return unless he wanted to be charged and have me sue him.

Thats a good point. I wonder if the storeowner was afraid of retaliation??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The lady in the car was interviewed. Just dont know what she said/her side of the story. All we know from the camera is that a witness went into the store to tell the boyfriend that there was something going on in parking lot with his gf and geezer mcgavin.

10 SECS

Established Member
Videos of shootings like this is EXACTLY why Liberals will use this as ammunition to make you now have to retake the S.A.T. test and score at least an 1100 to get your License to Carry. This was Manslaughter. Those of you who believe this was justified are part of the problem.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jaxbusa

Established Member

I thought the same thing. If you run a business and notice guy was aggressive towards patrons he has to go.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Verbal assault? Never heard of it.

Sorry, dead guy assaulted first so don’t throw some BS defense in here and muddy the waters. If he was alive, he would’ve been charged with assault. Maybe he’d beat it due to the other guy harassing a female.

Ya, some of us would’ve done the same if we walked out and saw what shooter was doing. It’s still wrong.

Had the dead guy called the cops, MAYBE the shooter would’ve gotten a disturbing the peace or something but not likely.

Regardless, bad shoot.

Verbal assault ( verbal abuse, verbal attack are the same) is yelling or aggressively using words to offend or attack someone which can constitute verbal assault if there is a threat of harm or physical violence.

There is a lot of info on it via the internet. The problem with the video of the shooting is no audio, however verbal assault COULD’VE happened between the shooter and girlfriend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MG0h3

Established Member
Verbal assault ( verbal abuse, verbal attack are the same) is yelling or aggressively using words to offend or attack someone which can constitute verbal assault if there is a threat of harm or physical violence.

There is a lot of info on it via the internet. The problem with the video of the shooting is no audio, however verbal assault COULD’VE happened between the shooter and girlfriend.

That’s all fine and dandy.

Dead guy was wrong for physically assaulting shooter, even if he “offended” (lol) his gf.

Just the same, based on the video, shooting was wrong for that shove as there wasn’t further assault afterwards.

That law is horseshit as it’s applied to this case in my opinion.

Either way I guess I just have to accept that your run of the mill person might feel their life is in danger at that point. I still think he could have drawn and had the guy covered in the event he approached again, which he clearly wasn’t/didn’t.

Blown 89

Established Member
Either way I guess I just have to accept that your run of the mill person might feel their life is in danger at that point. I still think he could have drawn and had the guy covered in the event he approached again, which he clearly wasn’t/didn’t.
You're watching too many movies. Sit back on the ground like that and try and draw a firearm and tell me if you're faster than someone within reach of you. That's assuming the guy flies back 10 feet and dies instantly like in the movies. The reality is that motivated attackers are often times able to retaliate or disarm you after being shot. This guy was able to run back into the store and died some time later in the hospital. He could have very easily resumed his attack. The 15' rule is there for a reason.

The bottom line is that the shooter needs to not go looking for trouble while armed and the assailant shouldn't have assaulted him. Both of them were monumental dumb asses. I feel sorry for that kid more than anyone here.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Let me begin by saying I fully support the right of a person to use deadly force to protect their safety.

With that said, I don't see the shooter in this case having any real justification for using deadly force.

It appears the attacker clearly backed off when he chose to shoot him, not in self defense, but retaliation.

If I was a prosecutor, I would take the character witness statement of the shop owner, the testimony of the woman, and the video, present it to the Grand Jury and let them decide since it is a very grey area, as the Florida law is really vague.

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
You're watching too many movies. Sit back on the ground like that and try and draw a firearm and tell me if you're faster than someone within reach of you. That's assuming the guy flies back 10 feet and dies instantly like in the movies. The reality is that motivated attackers are often times able to retaliate or disarm you after being shot. This guy was able to run back into the store and died some time later in the hospital. He could have very easily resumed his attack. The 15' rule is there for a reason.

The bottom line is that the shooter needs to not go looking for trouble while armed and the assailant shouldn't have assaulted him. Both of them were monumental dumb asses. I feel sorry for that kid more than anyone here.

Lmao. LE for 15yrs. Been in that exact situation with TWO people standing 8’ and 15’ away. No shots fired.

Got a similar experience that you can draw on? I’ve got countless more where I’m hands on trying to subdue a subject or subjects and my sidearm is right within their reach.

Your argument is ridiculous. You do realize you can pull your firearm out and not discharge it right? Not as a threat, but in the event you need to.

You’re basically advocating shooting someone because of this “rule” you preach. Ya, we’ve all heard it but you do realize that started with an armed individual right? Not someone standing there half turned away....

Again, can’t buy training, experience, and confidence at big 5 so I guess you’ll blast away at someone at 15’ or less when you’re scared, right?

Just like the other guy in here that thinks this was a shoot situation, you should turn in your guns before someone gets hurt.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Lmao. LE for 15yrs. Been in that exact situation with TWO people standing 8’ and 15’ away. No shots fired.

Got a similar experience that you can draw on? I’ve got countless more where I’m hands on trying to subdue a subject or subjects and my sidearm is right within their reach.

Your argument is ridiculous. You do realize you can pull your firearm out and not discharge it right? Not as a threat, but in the event you need to.

You’re basically advocating shooting someone because of this “rule” you preach. Ya, we’ve all heard it but you do realize that started with an armed individual right? Not someone standing there half turned away....

Again, can’t buy training, experience, and confidence at big 5 so I guess you’ll blast away at someone at 15’ or less when you’re scared, right?

Just like the other guy in here that thinks this was a shoot situation, you should turn in your guns before someone gets hurt.

In Ohio, simply showing your gun at the wrong time and /or the wrong location can get you a brandishing charge. I can see where a LEO can do this without worry, but a non-LEO might have some issues doing that.

Blown 89

Established Member

At no point did I say he should have shot the guy, I'm simply pointing out why he's not sitting in jail and why discharging that firearm wasn't completely unreasonable. You're playing a big what if game and the fact is the deceased assaulted the man and put the shooter in a position to fear for his life. We can coulda, shoulda, woulda all day long but those are the facts and why he's not facing charges. I'd imagine public pressure will change that at some point soon.

Users who are viewing this thread