Really? This Qualifies For "Stand Your Ground"

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
So I run my mouth, get shoved to the ground and as a result I get to pull out my gun and shoot someone as a result cause ya know he's bigger than me...... Got it! Sounds totally legit!

If Florida prosecutors cant see this as murder then they might as well give everyone the green light to shoot someone every time there is an altercation of any sort. Cause this was about as minor as an altercation can get.

There has to be some sort of imminent threat to use deadly force. A shove to the ground hardly fits that definition. If thats the case then every (8) year on the play ground who shoves another kid to the ground now has the right to kill him smfh.

U can't shoot and kill someone when they're backing up and no longer demonstrating ANY sort of threat. Nor could u shoot him if he was just standing there after he pushed u. Again, "Backing up" means no IMMINENT threat.

This was Murder plain and simple. A coward with a gun kills another man cause he was too much of a pussy to stand up after being pushed for running his mouth and talking shit he couldn't back up!

And the BTW it wasn't even a legit handicap parking space so this was all over nothing. There has to be a sign posted stating thats its illegal to park there and what the fine is AND have a painted handicap spot. U cant just spray paint a big blue handicap sign and call it a handicap spot smh. The town has to authorize it which is why the town is the one who puts the sign up.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
So I run my mouth, get shoved to the ground and as a result I get to pull out my gun and shoot someone as a result cause ya know he's bigger than me...... Got it! Sounds totally legit!

If Florida prosecutors cant see this as murder then they might as well give everyone the green light to shoot someone every time there is an altercation of any sort. Cause this was about as minor as an altercation can get.

There has to be some sort of imminent threat to use deadly force. A shove to the ground hardly fits that definition. If thats the case then every (8) year on the play ground who shoves another kid to the ground now has the right to kill him smfh.

U can't shoot and kill someone when they're backing up and no longer demonstrating ANY sort of threat. Nor could u shoot him if he was just standing there after he pushed u. Again, "Backing up" means no IMMINENT threat.

This was Murder plain and simple. A coward with a gun kills another man cause he was too much of a pussy to stand up after being pushed for running his mouth and talking shit he couldn't back up!

And the BTW it wasn't even a legit handicap parking space so this was all over nothing. There has to be a sign posted stating thats its illegal to park there and what the fine is AND have a painted handicap spot. U cant just spray paint a big blue handicap sign and call it a handicap spot smh. The town has to authorize it which is why the town is the one who puts the sign up.

your post makes it sound like this guy wasn't sentenced to prison for what he did...

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
No I'm referring to the ignorant posters and prosecutors who thought this was possibly justified. And the fact that the Police didn't arrest him right there on the spot is utterly disgusting and pathetic!

Prosecutors should have seen this as Murder for the beginning. The wasted time spent arguing over whether or not this was justified is disgusting!

your post makes it sound like this guy wasn't sentenced to prison for what he did...

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
No I'm referring to the ignorant posters and prosecutors who thought this was possibly justified. And the fact that the Police didn't arrest him right there on the spot is utterly disgusting and pathetic!

Prosecutors should have seen this as Murder for the beginning. The wasted time spent arguing over whether or not this was justified is disgusting!

When it very first happened not all the details were out yet. Personally I don't have an issue with the local PD gathering all the facts and submitting to the state. Ultimately the dude ended up in jail where he belongs. If they'd arrested him and turned out it was justified everyone would be bitching just as hard about that. There really is no winning in this society anymore you're damned if you do and damned if you don't and frequently both result in you getting sued.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
agreed

When it very first happened not all the details were out yet. Personally I don't have an issue with the local PD gathering all the facts and submitting to the state. Ultimately the dude ended up in jail where he belongs. If they'd arrested him and turned out it was justified everyone would be bitching just as hard about that. There really is no winning in this society anymore you're damned if you do and damned if you don't and frequently both result in you getting sued.

Users who are viewing this thread