• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Really? This Qualifies For "Stand Your Ground"

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by Booky, Jul 21, 2018.

1. scott9050

scott9050 Hillary for prison Established Member

I have had two shoot/not shoot moments in my life, both ended with me not shooting and me in court once (found not guilty).
    Point 1. I carry daily.
    Point 2: I carry responsibly and go out of my way to avoid confrontation. I never ever start anything with anyone, period. I have mellowed in my old age.
    Point 3: Burden for using deadly force varies from individual to individual. For example, a man shoves me and I shoot him, my 6'2 335 self is going to prison. Now if a petite female gets attacked by the same man, the burden of self defense is much lower. I had the Force Continuum drilled into my head both in school and in training, though it was out the window when I worked at the prison.
    Point 4: I will defend my wife and family, no matter what. The last time I had to was October 2017 when a road rage filled idiot rammed my car multiple times then charged me as I got out of my car. One punch to his jaw with me wedged in between my car and the door stopped the attack and made him flee. I still did not pull my weapon but chased him up the exit ramp and into oncoming traffic which ended the threat.
    Point 5: This man was not some innocent old man, he regularly threatened to shoot people over similar incidents and had multiple witnesses come forward showing that this was a pattern with him. He was waiting for the opportunity to kill someone. He 100% got what he deserved.

blk02edge, Coiled03, Serpent and 6 others like this.
  2. jeffh81

jeffh81 Never Leaving Established Member

The guy had an itchy trigger finger. Now its gonna be his stank finger from the stanky booty he will see in prison

3. jaxbusa

jaxbusa Well-Known Member Established Member

Scott, thanks for sharing your story and I’m glad you came out unharmed. I’m going to Monday morning quarter back it and ask if you’d do the same thing after seeing Drejka being violently attacked and found guilty. I obviously wasn’t there and don’t know all of the details. Was staying there a good choice? Could you have driven off and call police when the guy got out of his car to approach you? If not, was getting out of your vehicle a good choice? After you struck the guy and he fled, should you have chased him? Wasn’t the threat over? If you caught the guy that was fleeing and you had a physical encounter that turned into you having to shoot him, wouldn’t you be in a worse situation than Drejka? The jury would hear that you already had another shoot/ don’t shoot situation.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

4. ssj4sadie

ssj4sadie Well-Known Member Established Member

5. RedRocketMike

RedRocketMike A Member Well Known Established Member

So, he got hit by a car?

6. BOOGIE MAN

BOOGIE MAN Logic and Reason Established Member

7. robraySVT

robraySVT Active Member Established Member

He escalated the situation knowing he had a gun to use. That's why SYG law did not apply. Let this be a lesson.

8. SolarYellow

SolarYellow Sensei Premium Member Established Member

So all that talk about sticks and stones was bull. In Florida apparently you can go hands on if someone is yelling or cussing someone out?

9. ZYBORG

ZYBORG Let's roll.. Premium Member Established Member

Apparently... I find it ironic.