Real Bad Day!!!!

inzane99

Inzane SVT Poster
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
If it makes you feel any better my old 01 Cobra came with a curse as well. Had 2 motors blow, car sat at a tuner's shop for 15 months. Got ripped off by my tuner for a built motor and Vortech was stolen from the clown's shop. I was actually relieved when I crashed my 01 in Jan '07. Despite every imaginable mod I did with the car, something always caused the car to be derailed. Good ridance. Unfortunately your Cobra sounds like its cursed as well. Get rid of it I say. Pick up a used 03 if you still want to be in the Cobra scene. This has been the most fun and dependable SVT I've ever driven.

You have the same luck I do, bad luck.
Thats exactly what I would do. Sell the car then buy me a Terminator or a CTS-V, but most likely the Terminator. How much do you think I can get for my car now? :shrug:

Slo65 said:
for the love of god please not a termi front bumper, your car was perfect.. if anything i'd say 01 rear, 99/01 front, and same hood, that thing looks tits :thumbsup:

I ordered 99/01 front and an 01' rear. Also a new 00' R hood from Cervinis. Thanks for your complement! :beer:

quick01snake said:
thse are centerline tel-stars...

Exactly! Good eye. :thumbsup:

inzane99

Inzane SVT Poster
Established Member
Update 10-2-07

I went to the body shop to check on the progress. The car is almost complete, the only thing we are waiting for is the front bumper cover. After that it will be ready for paint. The body shop Advance Auto Collision is doing a great job on the repairs. All the body damage has been fixed. Im real happy with there work.

Here are a couple of pics: Cell phone pics not the best.

OCT2-1.jpg

OCT2-2.jpg

OCT2-3.jpg

inzane99 said:
You have the same luck I do, bad luck.
Thats exactly what I would do. Sell the car then buy me a Terminator or a CTS-V, but most likely the Terminator. How much do you think I can get for my car now? :shrug:

Its tough to say how much you'll get. You know how people get the minute they hear or verify that a car has had an accident. Hopefully it won't drive like its been in an accident because thats obviously going to hurt you big time. I hope you find a young guy willing to give you between $15k $18k.

At the time of death my convertible had 117k on it, the motor had about 52k with the canton and I had an entire rebuilt rear end with an Eaton posi and 03 half shafts that didn't even 3k on it. Insurance company said here's $12.5 after your deductible. :bash:

inzane99

Inzane SVT Poster
Established Member
Update 10-11-07

The Cobra is almost done. I think about another week or two before I can pick her up. I am in no rush, just want the repairs to be done right. Tell me what you think.

Picture023-1.jpg

Picture022-1.jpg

Picture021-1.jpg

Picture020-1.jpg

inzane99

Inzane SVT Poster
Established Member
Finally got her back yesterday. I think she looks good but I can tell the difference with the body parts that didnt get painted to the ones that did. Everybody tells me she looks good. What do you all think?

Lots of pics!

Picture005-3.jpg

Picture006-3.jpg

Picture007-3.jpg

Picture008-2.jpg

Picture009-3.jpg

Picture010-3.jpg

Picture012-2.jpg

Picture013-1.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Here is the Mach 1 crate engine.
Picture011-2.jpg

Heres pics of my old motor just for SG.

Picture001-3.jpg

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture003-3.jpg

Picture004-3.jpg

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I think it turned out really well:beer: Those wheels = Sex on your car:rockon: Are you still considering selling the Cobra?

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Looks good. Something about the front was confusing me until I noticed that the grill area around the horse emblem is painted and so is the area under the bumper cover. Not bad, just different. Or am I seeing things?

inzane99

Inzane SVT Poster
Established Member
Looks good. Something about the front was confusing me until I noticed that the grill area around the horse emblem is painted and so is the area under the bumper cover. Not bad, just different. Or am I seeing things?

You are right, it should be black. When I saw that I was like :dw: :shrug:

Last edited:

THE_STIG

Established Member
Car looks great, I hope you dont sell it, 99/01 have more class to than an 03 cobra. It takes a true cobra lover to drive the red-headed step child of Ford and still make the car sickening

Hoosier4.6

Established Member
I've gotta say, I love those wheels. They give the car a real street-brawler look. Any disadvantages to running them, and about how much do they weigh?

inzane99

Inzane SVT Poster
Established Member
I've gotta say, I love those wheels. They give the car a real street-brawler look. Any disadvantages to running them, and about how much do they weigh?

Thanks guys for your comments!! :beer:

The disadvantage on running skinnies on the street is the handling. You cant take corners as fast as with some 17' or 18' tires. Its bad enough Mustangs handle bad in the rain its worst with the skinnies. As far as weight they do weigh less than stocker but not sure how much less. If I keep the car I'll be putting some bigger shoes on her for the street.

Users who are viewing this thread