Real Bad Day!!!!

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Im glad you are ok...the car looks rough but its gonna get fixed...i say u go with an 01 bumper , RR hood , 03 rear bumper...smoked clearcorner headlights...and maybe 03 wing and mirrors?

-Ryan

oh and one other thing you might like are the smoked foglights from blueoval industries

inzane99

Inzane SVT Poster
Established Member
32V NACobra said:
Hey Inzane99 you get your car back yet???

:( No, not yet. 75% of the parts had to be special ordered. I think it should take about 30 days before they finish. There is still a slight chance they might total the car if the cost to fix it keeps increasing. I'll keep you posted.

inzane99

Inzane SVT Poster
Established Member
32V NACobra said:
I hope they gave you something to drive. Thanks for the update. I thought I may of missed a new thread.

Yeah, the ins. co. got me a rental. 2007 Toyota Camry.

thanks 32V NACobra!! :beer:

inzane99

Inzane SVT Poster
Established Member
Bizarro said:
Man, did they ever catch the idiot that hit you and took off?

**** no!! :mj: :mj: Cops havent bother contacting me about the accident. I've gone multiple time to the substation with no luck. :mj:

VirtualSVT said:
Spray it or you have no balls..

j/k

Im going off roading this weekend with it. I'll take it to the drags next weekend. :rolling: :banana: :-D

inzane99

Inzane SVT Poster
Established Member
Here is the most resent update:

Finally a detective called me and told me they are still working on finding the guy that hit me. Hopefully they can find him.

A far as my car about 80% of the parts are in. All I believe is missing is the smoked head lights the front and rear bumper covers. I bought an 01' bumper cover off a SVTP board member Shamrock. Here is a link: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414099
So hopefully all the parts will be in by mid next week.

What I was real impressed with was the Cervin's 00' R hood. real good product. I highly recommend for anybody looking for a hood to look at Cervinis. Here are some pics:
Picture008-1.jpg

Picture002-2.jpg

Here are the 2 front fenders. As you can see they are already painting underneath all the body parts.

Picture004-2.jpg

New radiator support:

Picture006-2.jpg

Some of the repairs to the frame or supports:

Picture001-2.jpg

Picture003-2.jpg

Here are some pics of the Cobra on the operating table.

Picture005-2.jpg

Picture007-2.jpg

Here are the old parts laying in the bone yard:

Picture009-2.jpg

Picture010-2.jpg

I love my car but after this accident and all the time and money I have spent on the car I am realy thinking of getting rid of it. I am just burnt out. :(
It started since the 1st day I layed my eyes on her. When I saw her I knew I had to have her. It took me over 2month to finalize all the paper work in order for me to have her. :bash: Next thing was they hit me from behind. Small accident compare to this one. Car was in the shop for a month. After I got the car back from the body shop ther rear end gave out on me. Had to replace the entire solid axle. Car was down for a little over 2 months. After that what can happen as you all know the engine goes boom. :burn: Car down for over 7 months. It seems that since I have owned this car its been in the shop more than I have enjoyed driving it. After the car comes out of the shop and I dont like how it look, feels or drives I will get rid of it. :poke:
I am spent with this car. I love it but maybe we are just not ment to be.

Sorry for the rant.

99cobraR

Established Member
I know how you feel man, when its good its really good and when its bad, its REALLY bad. Just don't get rid of it out of emotion, make sure that you actually want something else. Best of luck man!

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
nothing makes good garage wall art like a trashed fender.
lol!

inzane99: i understand your feelings right now. at least wait till it's done and driveable again. see how you feel after that....

inzane99

Inzane SVT Poster
Established Member
99cobraR said:
I know how you feel man, when its good its really good and when its bad, its REALLY bad. Just don't get rid of it out of emotion, make sure that you actually want something else. Best of luck man!

Thanks man! :beer:

VirtualSVT said:
nothing makes good garage wall art like a trashed fender.

Might just do that !!!

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member
Im glad you getting it fixed, dont sell your car! Your car made me get my 00R hood. when you get it back im sure youll fall in love with it all over again

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Sounds like you have had a lot of bitter pills with this ride but everything you mentioned being done for work should make it like new again. I lucked out with my 97. Other then the battery going bad I haven't put a part on it in the 2.5 years that I have owned it except for mods:burnout: :D

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
i feel your pain man. my car was kick as till i put the blower on it.
and as some of you know its just been long road since.
and im on the same boat as you. im on the edge of getting rid of it also.
im just burnt out on it like you said.

J

inzane99 said:
I love my car but after this accident and all the time and money I have spent on the car I am realy thinking of getting rid of it. I am just burnt out. :(
It started since the 1st day I layed my eyes on her. When I saw her I knew I had to have her. It took me over 2month to finalize all the paper work in order for me to have her. :bash: Next thing was they hit me from behind. Small accident compare to this one. Car was in the shop for a month. After I got the car back from the body shop ther rear end gave out on me. Had to replace the entire solid axle. Car was down for a little over 2 months. After that what can happen as you all know the engine goes boom. :burn: Car down for over 7 months. It seems that since I have owned this car its been in the shop more than I have enjoyed driving it. After the car comes out of the shop and I dont like how it look, feels or drives I will get rid of it. :poke:
I am spent with this car. I love it but maybe we are just not ment to be.

Sorry for the rant.

If it makes you feel any better my old 01 Cobra came with a curse as well. Had 2 motors blow, car sat at a tuner's shop for 15 months. Got ripped off by my tuner for a built motor and Vortech was stolen from the clown's shop. I was actually relieved when I crashed my 01 in Jan '07. Despite every imaginable mod I did with the car, something always caused the car to be derailed. Good ridance. Unfortunately your Cobra sounds like its cursed as well. Get rid of it I say. Pick up a used 03 if you still want to be in the Cobra scene. This has been the most fun and dependable SVT I've ever driven.

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
inzane99 said:
I just got word from the body shop, its going to cost $8100 to fix the Cobra. Insurance Co. didnt total it. I need your help on picking a new hood, front and rear bumper covers. Im thinking of 03' Cobra bumpers if not the original 99' front bumper but the 01' rear bumper. Let me know what you think I should do. What hood? I need to get back to the body shop by tomorrow.

for the love of god please not a termi front bumper, your car was perfect.. if anything i'd say 01 rear, 99/01 front, and same hood, that thing looks tits :thumbsup:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Might want to sell them rims for something else and put the difference into the car. Good Luck. Are those Bogarts??

Users who are viewing this thread