re-intro from SoCal

2141pete

Established Member
Hello everyone, I joined and did an intro 3 years ago but have been lurking and reading since. I finally picked up my first cobra today! It's a red 96 with the basics. It has staggered Saleens with 335's out back, Bassani catback with off-road x-pipe, CAI, full Saleen motorcraft suspension, weld in sub frame connectors, and a King cobra clutch.

My mods list to finish is a quality shifter, a set of 4.30's, and a good tune.

I am completely dumb to all the acronyms and haven't had a vehicle with spark plus in about 10 years so I look forward to reading and searching more through the forums and hitting some local GTG's.

ATT_1369536667925_IMG_0106_zpscd6cd6a9.jpg

ATT_1369536678018_IMG_0032_zps5481b75b.jpg

ATT_1369536700603_IMG_0031_zps80d39c68.jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome! That a very nice looking '96 Cobra you have. I like the paint color. It looks to be in great shape. Good stance, too! :)

2141pete

Established Member
Thanks a bunch. I am still trying to decide if I can live with the wing. I have been looking and haven't been able to find one I like yet though.

2141pete

Established Member
Thanks, it is a lot of wing lol. I want to fry to find one more like the terminator style but still goes with the rounder body lines.

flS/R

Established Member
even with that spoiler, that is a good looking car. I have always loved the look of the 96

2141pete

Established Member
I have been hung up wanting a terminator for a long time. But I have wanted a 96 since I can remember. I remember the first time I heard a DOHC cobra and I was sold! Too bad it took me 17 years to get one.

2141pete

Established Member
Welcome, and the pics don't do your car justice. Really clean in person.
Thanks a bunch man. The paint is a little faded but it is straight and has a good enough interior to make me happy. I'll get it all waxed up and have the wife snap some pics with her billion dollar camera. My name is Pete by the way. I will have to get with you again before I order that stuff.

Car looks real clean. I'm semi-local would love to see it in person one day. :beer:
Thanks, I think I am going to go to the meet at BWW's in Buena Park next Sunday.

2141pete

Established Member
Well after looking my car already has a short throw shifter with the stops in it. I dont care for the handle that is on it at all though. 5th gear feels like it is a mile away. I will more than likley just get a new handle for it and spend money on a set of 4.10's and a tuner.

2141pete

Established Member
I guess I will definetley have to have someone knowledgable go over the car with me. I have some sort of aftermarket throttle body but there are no markings on it anywhere. Lots more reading for me to do!

Users who are viewing this thread