Re-Designing My 2V Valve Covers

KEVINS

Established Member
Yea, I can't wait to get them installed. I hope they work w/o any issues..

ks

KEVINS

Established Member
Installed and lookin' GOOOOOOOOD! Just what a 900hp 2v motor needs to top it all off!....:cool:

ks

IMG_8699.JPG
IMG_8695.JPG

IMG_8696.JPG

KEVINS

Established Member
I'm really happy with how they turned out. They even look better on the car than I thought they would.

ks

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Oh my god that's a gorgeous setup!! I am running a twin 57mm hp kit, hidden in the bumper.i did the same intake setup but with a 90 mm accufab from 86-93. Ported trick flow heads from mmr and an mmr 4.75. 900 rwhp would be a dream but I am not sure I want to push over 30lbs. You have a BEAUTIFUL setup!

KEVINS

Established Member
Oh my god that's a gorgeous setup!! I am running a twin 57mm hp kit, hidden in the bumper.i did the same intake setup but with a 90 mm accufab from 86-93. Ported trick flow heads from mmr and an mmr 4.75. 900 rwhp would be a dream but I am not sure I want to push over 30lbs. You have a BEAUTIFUL setup!

Thank you! I just try to do one piece at a time and over a few years it begins to take shape.
I've been thrashing on polishing the car trying to get it ready for a show this Sunday. Last years rookie polishing effort was a miserable failure so I had to research what it takes to polish a black car and not leave polishing/swirl marks. Several weeks ago I got it figured out and it's about done and looking great. I check it out in the dark with a small LED pen light and look for swirls in the dark. If I see any I keep polishing..

Don't be afraid of boost. Boost is simply a measure of how crappy the heads flow. A 4V motor would make the same hp with a lot less boost but the HP is still the same.

ks

Stellerjd

Established Member
Almost have one done but still along way tot go. Got it all welded except internal baffles and some AN fittings but started grinding the welds off to see how it'll come out. Still have more to grind then I'll hit it with the DA with some 30grit to smooth/contour the welds then probably finish with 180 or so.

ks View attachment 83558 View attachment 83560 View attachment 83559

Wow, these look fantastic!

What CAD software are you using?

KEVINS

Established Member
Awesome - I use Solidworks daily. What industry are you in?

I own several companies:
Concept Innovations: ConceptInnovations.net
Baseline Suspensions: BaselineSuspensions.com

I used SW's since 1997 but got away from it for about 7-10 years while using ProE from different companies (What a POS!) now I'm back on SW's.

ks

Stellerjd

Established Member
I own several companies:
Concept Innovations: ConceptInnovations.net
Baseline Suspensions: BaselineSuspensions.com

I used SW's since 1997 but got away from it for about 7-10 years while using ProE from different companies (What a POS!) now I'm back on SW's.

ks

That's awesome! I've been wanting to do something on my own, but haven't quite figured out exactly what I wanna do yet.

I'll check out your companies you listed later tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread