Raxiom Navigation System

BadHabit2Break

Established Member
You have to remember, its just a frontend for the OEM system. The OEM screen and AC are actually zip tied together and stuck behind the Raxiom unit. I was hoping for an actual EQ, but there is not one.

RusWolf

Established Member
check ebay. I found few OEM take out systems for about a $1000. they seem to be complete and come with everything. will probably need few more parts to make them work but it's going to be OEM.

RC-5.0

Established Member
I like the pricing of the Raxiom...just posted this for the experiences with it.
Thanks

MatteBlack

Established Member
I have the Raxiom system in my GT and have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. Fit/Finish/Useability are all top notch.

boomstick33

Established Member
Yeah...it looks like I'll be contacting American Muscle for this system. I think I've read enough about it to convince me. Looks like a great system!

AfricanSnowOwl

Established Member
I got mine last summer. I had an issue with the GPS not loading. It would get stuck on the loading screen. AM wanted me to send the old one back and then wait until they got it and then ship a new one. After a lot of complaining they caved and sent a new one right away.
I have no real complaints about the unit though. Just that the camera quality kinda sucks.

RusWolf

Established Member
I got mine last summer. I had an issue with the GPS not loading. It would get stuck on the loading screen. AM wanted me to send the old one back and then wait until they got it and then ship a new one. After a lot of complaining they caved and sent a new one right away.
I have no real complaints about the unit though. Just that the camera quality kinda sucks.

Can't you just use a different camera?
If i ge this unit i'm thinking about getting one of licence plate mounted cameras with lines..

ticopowell

Newish to SVT
Established Member
Various places... CA, UT, OK, been in TX and CO a
Can't you just use a different camera?
If i ge this unit i'm thinking about getting one of licence plate mounted cameras with lines..

If the screen or the electronics that display the image suck getting a new camera isn't going to help... just saying.

Also the cameras that I have seen with the lines come with a separate box that puts the lines in the image. I wouldn't be surprised if they have them integrated by now but I haven't looked in years... if you want you might be able to find one of those boxes around somewhere.

RusWolf

Established Member
Ha! I wasn't aware that the screen quality is bad lol...
If the screen or the electronics that display the image suck getting a new camera isn't going to help... just saying.

Also the cameras that I have seen with the lines come with a separate box that puts the lines in the image. I wouldn't be surprised if they have them integrated by now but I haven't looked in years... if you want you might be able to find one of those boxes around somewhere.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
From the AM listing;

Retains Factory Functions. The Raxiom Navigation System retains all voice-controlled SYNC® factory functions including AM-FM-SAT radio, CD-IPOD audio and Bluetooth hands-free systems.

im a 300a car. i have none of that.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Hey RC - That's a great question and having been present for more than a handful of installs it's a breeze! The one thing that I found to be slightly difficult just had lshin037 said is running the lines for the backup camera. Once that's set up it's really smooth sailing from there. The Raxiom OE-Style GPS/Navigation is something I think should've come right from Ford and I'm always scratching my head how Raxiom managed to beat them to the punch on this! If you haven't seen our review on it check out the video below along with some reviews!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU7WdHr6N_k

raxiomnavcapture_zpsa64fff47.jpg

Let me know if you have any other questions about this and I'm here to help!

Alex

x​

THE AM video is HORRIBLE
He says "let's go inside so I can walk you through the install" then when he's in there he says, "yeah, you got a couple of screws and wires, really it's not that difficult"

WOW, that is the instructional video?​

RC-5.0

Established Member
Raxiom_zpswfqtqmhx.jpg

Took a professioinal shop over 3 hours (it IS done correctly though)> part of that was reading the poster chart since this is the first of this they've installed. They got the removal of everyting and wiring done PERFECTLY.. I even threw some 6x8 Pioneers in the door to replace the crappy stock cardboard ones with a magnet that can barely lift a paper clip.
RC

RC-5.0

Established Member
how are you liking it? did the sound dramatically improve with new speakers?

Love it for what you get for the $$..There are always specific things that each person would say they would like to see. Recommend it for people who want an upgrade without hacking up the center console. Speakers are not a dramatic improvement, but a big improvement for a $60 set.
RC

Users who are viewing this thread