Raxiom Navigation System

ticopowell

Newish to SVT
Established Member
Various places... CA, UT, OK, been in TX and CO a
On that website under the products tab it lists 3 pages, the top one, Maestro RR, is the line that has the integration, the SW is just the steering wheel part.
Go through and pick your car and it's options and you can just pick a random radio, I would go with kenwood in this case, the higher end ones are the DNX890 series I think.

RC-5.0

Established Member
On that website under the products tab it lists 3 pages, the top one, Maestro RR, is the line that has the integration, the SW is just the steering wheel part.
Go through and pick your car and it's options and you can just pick a random radio, I would go with kenwood in this case, the higher end ones are the DNX890 series I think.
THat site is way over my head...im a pretty simple guy. Can't make heads or tails of that stuff.. I just want a good system that looks clean and is simple to use.

ticopowell

Newish to SVT
Established Member
Various places... CA, UT, OK, been in TX and CO a
I would search out a local car audio install place and see what they have in their showrooms... or just go with the raxiom, I don't think you will get much use out of the more complicated higher end systems. Either way they can help with the install, plus they can answer your questions easier and quicker than I can via internet.

If you do want to try the maestro system I can find the right part numbers and with a budget I can recommend radios to use... but if you can get the raxiom for $5-600 it will be a lot cheaper. A lot of the aftermarket parts for radios are $300 ish, plus the radio itself can be $500-$1500 or more so think about that if you want to go this route.

RC-5.0

Established Member
I would search out a local car audio install place and see what they have in their showrooms... or just go with the raxiom, I don't think you will get much use out of the more complicated higher end systems. Either way they can help with the install, plus they can answer your questions easier and quicker than I can via internet.

If you do want to try the maestro system I can find the right part numbers and with a budget I can recommend radios to use... but if you can get the raxiom for $5-600 it will be a lot cheaper. A lot of the aftermarket parts for radios are $300 ish, plus the radio itself can be $500-$1500 or more so think about that if you want to go this route.

Yeah, I wanted to stick with $1000 including install, which would keep me at a Raxiom. My main reason for the post was to find out how "good" the Raxiom is and the install process. I appreciate the other input, since that's how we learn, but the features of the Raxiom are fine for me so It's either that or something VERY similar.
Thanks
RC

AMWill

Hey RC - That's a great question and having been present for more than a handful of installs it's a breeze! The one thing that I found to be slightly difficult just had lshin037 said is running the lines for the backup camera. Once that's set up it's really smooth sailing from there. The Raxiom OE-Style GPS/Navigation is something I think should've come right from Ford and I'm always scratching my head how Raxiom managed to beat them to the punch on this! If you haven't seen our review on it check out the video below along with some reviews!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU7WdHr6N_k

raxiomnavcapture_zpsa64fff47.jpg

Let me know if you have any other questions about this and I'm here to help!

Alex

I do have another question...How can you get me a discount on this :)

Hey RC,

It's not letting me shoot you a PM :shrug:

Feel free to PM me personally and I will hook you up with the discount code!

If anybody needs any help or has any questions, feel free to reach out to myself or Alex!

-Will​

Last edited:

RC-5.0

Established Member
Hey RC,

It's not letting me shoot you a PM :shrug:

Feel free to PM me personally and I will hook you up with the discount code!

If anybody needs any help or has any questions, feel free to reach out to myself or Alex!

-Will

I got the email about the PM full....go ahead and send it again..I cleared it out. I have one for 6%...Anything better?

14RRstang

Established Member
I bought the Raxiom unit right before christmas and couldn't be happier. Install was a breeze and it uses all the stock guts. I like the raxiom due to the factory look and finish. Im sure there are better units out there with more bells and whistles but i was just looking for a nice touch screen with a nav system. As stated before the camera was the hardest part of the install and it would be nice to add a custom background pic but for the money you cant beat it. I did have the freeze up one person mentioned where when I went from nav to radio it wouldn't go back to the nav screen. The directions still played as normal but was annoying. Not sure what caused it since it hasn't happened again.

RC-5.0

Established Member
I bought the Raxiom unit right before christmas and couldn't be happier. Install was a breeze and it uses all the stock guts. I like the raxiom due to the factory look and finish. Im sure there are better units out there with more bells and whistles but i was just looking for a nice touch screen with a nav system. As stated before the camera was the hardest part of the install and it would be nice to add a custom background pic but for the money you cant beat it. I did have the freeze up one person mentioned where when I went from nav to radio it wouldn't go back to the nav screen. The directions still played as normal but was annoying. Not sure what caused it since it hasn't happened again.
Could you take some pics or vids of the screens during different functions. I want to see what the screens look like when you're using the Sirius radio. WHO did the install? You or someone else? How long did it take?
Thanks
RC

Colby2013

Established Member
When I bought my car in August it came with it so I can't comment on install, overall it does it's job and I can't complain, it's heaps better than the other mustangs I've owned without it. Only gripes I have is that the NAV maps need to updated for a few new roads where I live, and I guess that the back up cams cords came out of the dash in the passenger floorboard and lost connection so I need to fix that and that's my fault not the systems. I'd recommend it over a stock set up for sure.

Colby2013

Established Member
Is the NAV system not able to be updated in this?

I don't use it much, but sometimes when I switch it over to the navigation part it will show a loading screen that has a progress bar and says "updating...", so I would assume it's supposed to auto update and they just haven't put into the system for the changes in my area. However, I haven't looked into it much as I don't use it that often so I'm not sure it requires an manual download and transfer from a computer for certain things or not.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
as soon as they have bluetooth capability ill buy one.
From the AM listing;

Retains Factory Functions. The Raxiom Navigation System retains all voice-controlled SYNC® factory functions including AM-FM-SAT radio, CD-IPOD audio and Bluetooth hands-free systems.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Thanks...so on Sirius, you don't see the Station "icons" or symbols, just the name? My daughter's Kia Soul has the icons on the screen. Not a deal breaker, just curious.
Thanks

Colby2013

Established Member
I'm not sure what icons you're talking about, but what you see there is what you get. One thing I don't like is that if you turn the station to one that isn't on your preset it won't show the name of the station such as you wouldn't know it was "octane" if it wasn't a preset. But it would still show the artist and song name.

RC-5.0

Established Member
I'm not sure what icons you're talking about, but what you see there is what you get. One thing I don't like is that if you turn the station to one that isn't on your preset it won't show the name of the station such as you wouldn't know it was "octane" if it wasn't a preset. But it would still show the artist and song name.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bMFMQRmxE...fv1Dow/s1600/SiriusXM-Radio-Roku-Channels.png

See those images for each station, on my daughter's Nav Radio, it shows each when the station is on. As far as that goes, I only listen to a few SIRI stations, so I would just have them as presets. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread