Raptor Running Boards...are they backwards?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Someone ****ed that one at the factory. 100% guy is on point.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Only benefit I can see the "stock" way is preventing rock chips more.

I would agree with that. But design wise, they were on the wrong side. Also, IMO, they look much better once he actually switched sides.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
4runners actually have very similar side steps…. The tapered edge goes to the front… Looks like it flows with the vehicle much better. If I had a Brahptor, Id flip them for sure!

D78C5B77-3336-4C4A-A5D9-1B52C7177A40.jpeg

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My 20 doesn’t have the cut out around the vents. But the vents are more in the rear which still makes it look wrong. The number of them will line up with the door after being swapped. Plus the Raptor logo would look better up front as a fender badge would IMO.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Someone ****ed that one at the factory. 100% guy is on point.
Yep. I'm sure the vendor put the L/R stickers on the wrong parts, no one in Incoming Inspection caught it, and no one wants to change it because they're stubborn.

I guess having them backwards technically offers more stone protection instead of the taper, but I'll probably flip mine. The taper still offers plenty of protection from flying coffee cups and straws when I'm navigating the Starbucks parking lot.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As he said, "so weird"! That definitely looks like a major snafu from the factory. The "after" definitely looks NORMAL. The "before" just looks WRONG. Ford? What say you.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Well I finally got around to doing this and Im not so sure theyre going to stay switched for long. It appears that the tapered end in the front now is longer than the squared part now in the rear. This makes the taper go farther past the door jamb in the front and stopping right at the jamb in the rear. Not so sure I care for it.

It appears to have lined up better the way it was originally. Will give it a few truck washes to grow on me or see if it matters when Im crawling around on the boards. What say you all???

20230923_170323.jpg

20230923_170313.jpg

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hmmm..didn't even notice that aspect. I think the holes lining up with the doors Trump that IMO. Now I'll have to check that out on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread