CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
funny28-4.jpg

dwest731

Established Member
it was right when things first started and the unknown of everything we decided it was best to just cancel. We had planned to fly to salt lake and rent a car and drive all over the south west area and hit a bunch of national parks. I was looking forward to the Angel’s Landing hike the most

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
it was right when things first started and the unknown of everything we decided it was best to just cancel. We had planned to fly to salt lake and rent a car and drive all over the south west area and hit a bunch of national parks. I was looking forward to the Angel’s Landing hike the most
That was the best time to do that sort of thing.

We went to AZ in March of 2020, I was literally driving as the government shut everything down and the market tanked.

Landed in Phoenix, drove to Tucson, hit the air museum, drove up through Globe, cut across to Sedona, then to Flagstaff. Next morning we went up to the Grand Canyon, then back down to Phoenix and jumped on a plane back to CO. Put like 900 miles on that rental in 2 days. I really liked that trip.

I miss flying at that time, nothing quite like being on an A321 with 6 people on board.

dwest731

Established Member
In hindsight we should have gone anyway.

We did a similar trip to the north west a few years before. Spokane, to CDA Idaho, drove the Columbia river Gorge interstate. Watched a MX race in washougal Washington, that was on my bucket list. Visited family in Portland, hiked about 30 miles at Mount rainier, then finished in Seattle. About 11 days all together. Minus the crazy liberals in the 2 cities that was a blast!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Arizona is on my bucket list. I've been to Scottsdale twice, but I want to see more of the state, and its landmarks. Beautiful country.

dwest731

Established Member
Wow guys now I wish we would have gone! Camping in Moab, Antelope canyon, arches national park, and zion were a couple stops we had planned. Hitting Yosemite and the sequoias and finishing in San Fran to fly home was our plans. Had Vegas and Grand Canyon in there too. Crazy that some places are still closed!

Users who are viewing this thread