CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
hD72EFB7B.jpg

e9e29633-3f90-4b2d-9559-ca59978c26ad.grid-6x2.jpg

20.jpg

This sardine sandwich brought back memories as a young kid when my dad would open up a can of sardines, line the sardines on bread, and top it with mustard. I would want it now, but back then, if dad made it it must be good to eat. LOL.
d9xEt4h.jpg

2443bb6a3425aec7d0843fae46054d7a--happy-potato-smile-smile.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looking at those old time drag racing photos, I can't help but notice the overall attendance numbers from, say, the '60s and '70s compared to today. I reflect present and past and have seen attendance at some more recent races (ie. Atco in NJ) much lower than expected. Sometimes the numbers of drivers exceeds the number of spectators.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Looking at those old time drag racing photos, I can't help but notice the overall attendance numbers from, say, the '60s and '70s compared to today. I reflect present and past and have seen attendance at some more recent races (ie. Atco in NJ) much lower than expected. Sometimes the numbers of drivers exceeds the number of spectators.

The safety rules tied to the track's insurance have driven the young guys with fast cars away from the track for a long time. I am amazed what some guys on here are allowed to run, the tracks around here are like hawks on tech and e.t. The one time I got my 08 to the local 1/8th, the tech guy told me he would be at the e.t. shack looking my slip over and would boot me if close.

It would be nice if tracks could let you sign a liability waiver, but the track owners know they are worthless, if someone actually gets hurt.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The safety rules tied to the track's insurance have driven the young guys with fast cars away from the track for a long time. I am amazed what some guys on here are allowed to run, the tracks around here are like hawks on tech and e.t. The one time I got my 08 to the local 1/8th, the tech guy told me he would be at the e.t. shack looking my slip over and would boot me if close.

It would be nice if tracks could let you sign a liability waiver, but the track owners know they are worthless, if someone actually gets hurt.
All true...sadly. Those safety rules (and noise complaints) have forced so many good tracks around the country to shut down.

Users who are viewing this thread