Random Picture Thread

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
9ad284a5-af89-4cc9-83db-003fdba7bf82-original.jpg

oldmachguy

Established Member
Not sure what wheels those are, original period TTs or later model mustang? Hood scoop appears to be aftermarket Maier Racing scoop. Front bumper spacing appears odd, but perhaps angle.

Ooh - good catches. Scoop not right, wheels not real R model mags. Re bumper gap: I think the "gap" is just reflection along aft edge of highly polished bumper

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Didnt want to start a new thread for this, but just read this and have never seen it posted here. I think it is badass looking for an Alfa (Viper looks better still) and even more badass being based off an ACR-X.

alfa_romeo_tz3_stradale_22.jpg

"You may wonder why this list features an Alfa Romeo since Alfa is a well-known factory that doesn’t produce supercars. However, they created one model that strange, obscure and rare, so it is fitting for this article. They introduced the Alfa Romeo TZ 3 Stradale in 2011 in just nine vehicles. The TZ name has been present in Alfa’s history since the 1960’s when they produced a number of sports and racing cars, including the TZ 1 and TZ 2. The “T” stands for Turbulare and “Z” for Zagato, the designer house.

To connect with its glorious racing past, Alfa Romeo presented a limited production model called the TZ 3 in 2011 with a Zagato body. The automobile public was surprised when they presented the new model because Alfa didn’t have the chassis nor the engine for such a model. When they revealed the specifications, the secret came to the light. The Alfa Romeo TZ 3 was, in fact, a previous generation Dodge Viper ACR-X in a track prepared version.

Alfa dressed the Viper in a Zagato body, but left the important mechanical components and the massive 8.2-litre engine intact. Even the interior was the same with all the badging changed from Dodge to Alfa Romeo.

The TZ 3 had a supercar beating performance with 600 HP, 3.4 seconds 0 to 60 mph acceleration time and a 200-mph top speed. Despite the fancy Italian suit, V10 engine, perfect driving dynamics and legendary name, Alfa only managed to sell nine copies. Today, only six years after they released it, almost nobody remembers the Alfa Romeo TZ 3."

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Didnt want to start a new thread for this, but just read this and have never seen it posted here. I think it is badass looking for an Alfa (Viper looks better still) and even more badass being based off an ACR-X.

View attachment 1521974

"You may wonder why this list features an Alfa Romeo since Alfa is a well-known factory that doesn’t produce supercars. However, they created one model that strange, obscure and rare, so it is fitting for this article. They introduced the Alfa Romeo TZ 3 Stradale in 2011 in just nine vehicles. The TZ name has been present in Alfa’s history since the 1960’s when they produced a number of sports and racing cars, including the TZ 1 and TZ 2. The “T” stands for Turbulare and “Z” for Zagato, the designer house.

To connect with its glorious racing past, Alfa Romeo presented a limited production model called the TZ 3 in 2011 with a Zagato body. The automobile public was surprised when they presented the new model because Alfa didn’t have the chassis nor the engine for such a model. When they revealed the specifications, the secret came to the light. The Alfa Romeo TZ 3 was, in fact, a previous generation Dodge Viper ACR-X in a track prepared version.

Alfa dressed the Viper in a Zagato body, but left the important mechanical components and the massive 8.2-litre engine intact. Even the interior was the same with all the badging changed from Dodge to Alfa Romeo.

The TZ 3 had a supercar beating performance with 600 HP, 3.4 seconds 0 to 60 mph acceleration time and a 200-mph top speed. Despite the fancy Italian suit, V10 engine, perfect driving dynamics and legendary name, Alfa only managed to sell nine copies. Today, only six years after they released it, almost nobody remembers the Alfa Romeo TZ 3."

I'll take the Disco Valante over that one.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I'll take the Disco Valante over that one.

2013-Alfa-Romeo-Disco-Volante-by-Touring-profile.jpg

Not so sure I like that one more. The front looks a little weird being so narrow. Of all of the Zagatos I think I like the Aston Martins more. The TZ3 really wouldn't be all that special if it wasn't a Viper underneath it.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I was behind a Jag F-coupe yesterday...in dark green. That might just be the sexiest coupe I’ve ever seen that I could afford on the lightly used market. It sucks that you can’t get the supercharged V8 with a manual transmission, but the styling is just so darn sexy!

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I was behind a Jag F-coupe yesterday...in dark green. That might just be the sexiest coupe I’ve ever seen that I could afford on the lightly used market. It sucks that you can’t get the supercharged V8 with a manual transmission, but the styling is just so darn sexy!
100% agree. That F type gives me serious wood.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1521975

Not so sure I like that one more. The front looks a little weird being so narrow. Of all of the Zagatos I think I like the Aston Martins more. The TZ3 really wouldn't be all that special if it wasn't a Viper underneath it.

Love that car
Just so sexy, and the exhaust sounds badass. Look up the Top Gear review on YouTube.

Users who are viewing this thread