Ran a Viper GTS

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Great Kill and c'mon man whats the specs of the car? 427, 347 or maybe a 408 lol. I would love to have one in redfire metallic, a 408 and some CCW classics.

Engine is a Keith Craft aluminum 427 block FE that is bored and stroked to 496. It has a gross lift of .640 on the cam, stage 2 heads, and Diamond 10.5 comp pistons.

[youtube_browser]ehud55yBMno[/youtube_browser]

This was the dyno with the injection system, I removed it and now run a 1000 cfm ProSystems carb. (injection system could not be tuned to the cam to make me happy).

E

PS Current set up looks like this:

carb_zps50ef7b8c.gif

Last edited:

blkvenm97

Established Member
i bet the drive in that cobra is amazing...i can only imagine how hard it pulls at any speed...not surprised you walked an older gts imho i think you would walk a new viper as well...that cobra is just plain sick

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
i bet the drive in that cobra is amazing...i can only imagine how hard it pulls at any speed...not surprised you walked an older gts imho i think you would walk a new viper as well...that cobra is just plain sick

Thanks! The 2014 is fun to drive and is a strong car, but the Cobra is faster.

Stop in St. Louis, I'd be happy to give you a ride in it.

E

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Now that's a race I'd want to see. Cobra and Viper are something of two of a kind. And two of the greatest cars to grace pavement with rubber. Lol

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
OP you know what you SHOULD do??? Build a 427 SOHC motor! Now THAT would be an attention grabber and still make GREAT power(not serious about what you should do but still a suggestion haha). Had a conversation with a guy at fabulous Ford show who claimed he was close friends with Carroll himself, he had a 2010+ GT500, GT350, and a supersnake.

I suggested that he build that motor for his kit car as that would be something totally different but our conversation was rudely interrupted and I could not restart it. Nice kill your kit car looks unassuming yet ready to strike at any time haha. I heard a kit car before and they sound so PISSED off. Nice kill.

Last edited:

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
PM me.

I am in Chicago for baseball on the 13th, coming home the 14th, ready to take you for a ride on the 15th.

E

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
OP you know what you SHOULD do??? Build a 427 SOHC motor! Now THAT would be an attention grabber and still make GREAT power(not serious about what you should do but still a suggestion haha). Had a conversation with a guy at fabulous Ford show who claimed he was close friends with Carroll himself, he had a 2010+ GT500, GT350, and a supersnake.

I suggested that he build that motor for his kit car as that would be something totally different but our conversation was rudely interrupted and I could not restart it. Nice kill your kit car looks unassuming yet ready to strike at any time haha. I heard a kit car before and they sound so PISSED off. Nice kill.

Yeah, I wanted a SOHC motor. It will not fit (width) in a Superformance. It will fit in a Kirkham Cobra, but I wanted a SPF. The SOHC motor is the holy grail. John Vermeersch's Starliner was a dream for me growing up.

E

fearthesnake

Established Member
Awesome ride.

Seems like that setup would crank out higher HP numbers.? Sick numbers already but seems like 600+HP at the wheel is attainable.

Engine is a Keith Craft aluminum 427 block FE that is bored and stroked to 496. It has a gross lift of .640 on the cam, stage 2 heads, and Diamond 10.5 comp pistons.

[youtube_browser]ehud55yBMno[/youtube_browser]

This was the dyno with the injection system, I removed it and now run a 1000 cfm ProSystems carb. (injection system could not be tuned to the cam to make me happy).

E

PS Current set up looks like this:

carb_zps50ef7b8c.gif

quick95gt

Established Member
I live in Arnold haha wish I would've seen this go down. Seems like there a few fast cars popping up around the area. Nice kill!

Op when I get one annoying issue figured out with my 03 you down for a friendly run with the 14?

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I live in Arnold haha wish I would've seen this go down. Seems like there a few fast cars popping up around the area. Nice kill!

Op when I get one annoying issue figured out with my 03 you down for a friendly run with the 14?

Sure.

I am embarrassed though, I do not yet have 500 miles on it yet. But after 500 miles I would love to run 'em.

E

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
This a keith craft motor I can't believe it's not making 650\700.

634 hp and 666 lb-ft was the best with the injection system.

Not sure if it is making more or less with the carb now (1000 cfm ProSystems).

These numbers are similar to Robert Roschen's 496 KC motor that dyno'd at
688 HP @ 6200 670 Ft-lb @ 4700.

Maybe the injection system was holding the hp down?

E

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Seems like that setup would crank out higher HP numbers.? Sick numbers already but seems like 600+HP at the wheel is attainable.

One thing, these Cobra's have funky headers. Combined with a short drive shaft, they see 15% drop off pretty normally.

E

quick95gt

Established Member
Nothing to be embarrassed about. Brand new car can't say I don't blame ya. I just want to see if I can even keep up.

fearls1

Established Member
You kitten stomper OP!!
Lol, never thought I would put a Viper on the bad end of that comment.

As others have mentioned power/weight is king no matter what you drive...along with traction.
Hecc you might be able to take out that heads/cam C6Z that beat the 700 rwhp GT500 the other day.

Users who are viewing this thread