Radio host fired for racism.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Anthony Cumia of the Opie and Anthony show on SiriusXM was fired this morning for racist remarks made on his Twitter account.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...de-punched-face-black-woman-Times-Square.html

TL;DR

Cumia was taking photos of Times Square. Woman happened to be in one of the pictures. She wasn't happy about it and assaulted Cumia and called him a "white mother****er". Cumia retaliated on Twitter by insulting her. SirusXM fired Cumia.

:pop:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
First,
There was not a whole lot of racial things said so once again the media pushes their agenda.

2nd,
No need for this in SD.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Yeah, not seeing the racial remarks. **** is pretty strong but it sounds like she deserved it. I like how she was the one using racial slurs yet it all falls on him and not one mention of how she was actually being an assaultive racist ****

Blackoyote

Established Member
Definitely said some nasty stuff, and I definitely see how a few things he said can be called racist...but at the end of the day, she made 'racist' remarks while physically assaulting him for no apparent reason, and he's the bad guy?

oldmodman

Established Member
There is a method to the madness.

Just get a copy of "Race Baiting For Fun And Profit" by Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. It will give you the inside story on how to make millions by getting the press to jump at phantoms.

scott_0

Established Member
its what we've come to in todays society smh, not the first time Opie and/or Anthony have been axed, years ago they did a skit where I believe a couple had sex in a church or some other nonsense and they were fired then ended up on satellite radio, but this as said, is nonsense, was only to prevent an out cry from the black community

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Iirc most people listen to their podcast anyways. Expect them to pull out of sat radio and stick to the podcast medium. The only truly unregulated medium left.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Social media websites can be like a spider web. And our politically correct society now sets the "standards" of what is right or wrong. Very often fueled by the media. What is wrong for one can be "forgivable" or permitted for someone else. Messed up world we live in.

Panic661

Established Member
Impressive, not only did the lady use race, but she used her sex to basically state "do whatever you want, nothings gonna happen to me I'm female!"

steeltoe

Established Member
As someone who has listened to the O&A show for a long time this is nothing new. He says stuff like this all the time.

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
Man U guys must seriously have no lives to let sumthn like this rile y'all up lol.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Iirc most people listen to their podcast anyways. Expect them to pull out of sat radio and stick to the podcast medium. The only truly unregulated medium left.

Pretty much, btls was complaining about contract negotiations saying podcast paid more but wasn't as well respected. I used to enjoy btls until he went pro Obama, and it seems like he has fizzled out hardcore since then.

Users who are viewing this thread