Racing in your area? Fast imports and domestics

Turbo04Mystichr

Established Member
Since i'm new to the site and don't really post much i figured i'd start a convo on racing in your home areas and some of the cars that are from there. The thing i'm interested in finding out are cars in your areas like from mine. To cut to the chase i'm from a small area. well known but not really. Live 10 mins from Gettysburg but the racing scene is somewhat big around here. i guess cause there is nothing else to really do but what are some of the nasty cars from where you live? There are some impressive imports from the area and a few domestics. My one buddy has a small garage of fast imports. he has a 600 awhp eclipse, a 12 second all but stock evo 9, a 10 sec vr4 galant, and a really nasty toyota supra. another buddy has a 650 fwhp civic hatch and another buddy has a srt4 swap into a older neon thats breaking mid 10's. are cars like this common where you all are from? interested to find out. sorry this is so long...:shrug:

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
I would say domestic/import depends heavily on location.
For example : Imports seem way more popular on the seaboards/inner city areas, than they do in the rural mid west for example.
I think its a matter of culture/economic situation in alot of areas.

As per your question, there are fast cars everywhere.
There are Supras, srt 4s, evos, stis, cobras, vipers, lambos etc all around nyc roaming the streets..

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Racing? In Houston? Doesn't happen. :lol1:

Seriously though, there's a big domestic, import, and exotic scene. And if you have less than 700 rwhp, go home. :(

Turbo04Mystichr

Established Member
I would say domestic/import depends heavily on location.
For example : Imports seem way more popular on the seaboards/inner city areas, than they do in the rural mid west for example.
I think its a matter of culture/economic situation in alot of areas.

As per your question, there are fast cars everywhere.
There are Supras, srt 4s, evos, stis, cobras, vipers, lambos etc all around nyc roaming the streets..

now in these bigger areas are ppl usually cool and get along or is it like rival type deals? around where i'm from i get along with either crowd and talk about the cars but most of the time ppl that you try to talk to about their cars are real a-holes and the mustang guys are a-holes to each other. to me that makes no sense and they are mostly stock cars with minor bolt ons. i don't know if they act that way cuz i have more stuff done or cuz its a mystichrome cobra?:shrug:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The racing scene really died down here as far as street racing. If you go to the track you'll find some nasty cars. But as far as imports go the fastest cars are connected to my buddy's shop. He's got an 815whp Supra and we're finishing up another friends Supra that should be putting down close to 1200hp. Its made to be street driven too, and don't ask me why, lol. We've got a couple Skylines and RB26 powered 240s that have come out of there as well.

I know of a 725hp Civic that's street legal and I've seen videos of an 8sec Fox body in full street trim racing out at a local track.

We got some fast cars, its just that no one really gets together to race them. There's just a community of cars that everyone knows of.

stangin99

Established Member
Philly used to have a big street racing scene, I haven't been there in years but I'm sure it still goes on.

There was a lot of slow riced out crap that would race, but there were also some very fast imports and domestics sprinkled in there. I actually used to see some of the bigger mustang guys at Carlisle when I went.

Lowrie

Established Member
In my area there are plenty of imports and some domestics. The younger crowd usually have the imports while the adults have the mustangs, camaros and so on.

For the most part, the grown ups get along just fine. I don't know about the imports. They seem to hang out together at different spots from time to time, so I assume they can at least stand each other. Its when it comes to domestic vs import where the animosity rises. The domestics, for the most part, don't even pay attention to the imports. The imports, however, seem to have a slight dislike for us. They don't usually try anything, because they know they'll get stomped in a race, but you can tell they don't like you when you drive by.

With all that said, there are plenty of cool import guys and douche domestics. I'm a firm believer in 'ricer' being a state of mind, not a car. I know of a couple of 'ricers' around here who have domestics.

03_SVT

Established Member
Racing? In Houston? Doesn't happen. :lol1:

Seriously though, there's a big domestic, import, and exotic scene. And if you have less than 700 rwhp, go home. :(

I know right, tell me about it! I live out here in the 1960 area and ever since I moved in here, there has been a super loud yellow gto automatic, black mach 1, black convertible terminator cobra, black 2001 cobra, k22 swap hatch back, and integra, A gt, and that is about it. haven't seen any more but all that within a year.

Which part of Houston do you reside in? high way wise...

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Some nasty Ls1 F-Bodies around here. 9 second ones.

The 650+rwhp Gt500's are starting to pop up around here as well.

There are a lot more 9/10 second cars ranging from evo's, corvettes, etc.

Turbo04Mystichr

Established Member
In my area there are plenty of imports and some domestics. The younger crowd usually have the imports while the adults have the mustangs, camaros and so on.

For the most part, the grown ups get along just fine. I don't know about the imports. They seem to hang out together at different spots from time to time, so I assume they can at least stand each other. Its when it comes to domestic vs import where the animosity rises. The domestics, for the most part, don't even pay attention to the imports. The imports, however, seem to have a slight dislike for us. They don't usually try anything, because they know they'll get stomped in a race, but you can tell they don't like you when you drive by.

With all that said, there are plenty of cool import guys and douche domestics. I'm a firm believer in 'ricer' being a state of mind, not a car. I know of a couple of 'ricers' around here who have domestics.

i'm with ya that. i'm the kind of person that loves cars. if i see a nice one i'd be the first one to walk to someone and compliment the car. gettysburg being the tourist area it is and bein close to RT 15 the visitors with the nice cars act like a-holes. i'm not sayin everyone is like that but 7 out of 10 you run into up there is. and here the import domestic thing hardly anyone gets along for the most part. the thing i don't get around here is why the mustang guys treat each other like crap. you can be drivin down the road and most pipe you off and not in a way just to say hey and if you are out somewhere they start talkin s***

Last edited:

5point0guy

Established Member
Well, there's not much of a racing scene around here, to me it seems like no one really cares about high performance cars around here. The closest track is 2.5 hours away, so no one has a really high horsepower car. The street racing scene was pretty big a couple years ago, but it died off quickly when the cops started cracking down hard on it, (i.e. handing out $1,000 tickets and crushing your car, no joke). Like I said theres not a whole lot of fast cars, you'll see way more Camrys and Civics than Cobras and Camaros. The best cars I've seen around were a Ferrari 360 Modena, 2 Shelby GT500s, a Ford GT, an '04 Mystichrome Cobra, and a Roush 427R. Theres Camaros, Mustangs, Firebirds, STis, and Evos around, but they're basically stock and not huge horsepower monsters.

gtownv6

Established Member
There is mostly hondas, the 15 second wonder of the world, here but there are a few pretty quick evos and I think one civic thats actually legit. Also the guy down the street from me has some little old euro car he turned into a strictly track car that runs 9s. and my dads friend has a cuda that ran a mid 10 w/o a cage at the track and I think he got in trouble or something.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
the scene died out in my city but when i head 30min north to Stockton its still big there. I couldnt go a city block without someone revving on me, in either the Cobra or my Eclipse.

im into anything fast, domestic or import. my last dsm was at the 400fwhp mark and it was pretty sweet, im doing it all over again but will likely do the awd swap, so i can have bragging rights of having one of very few AWD Spyders in existence (the spyders never came with awd from the factory, and few take on the task). Just need to find a gsx with a blown motor for cheap status. Ill get another 03/04 Cobra when the prices come down in a year or so, unfortunately they arent worth the 20k+ people are still trying to pull from them, even though the combo i want is still going to pull a premium (Mystichrome Vert).

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Nobody races here. Everyone drives mercedes, lexus and bmw, even the 16 year olds do too. I see AMGs and M's all the time going real slow like 35-40. Never seen one get on it. As long as your making more power than your standard issue 3.5 litre 300 HP sedan your car seems fast around here.

EDIT, my area is the southern orange county area of california.

Last edited:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Nobody races here. Everyone drives mercedes, lexus and bmw, even the 16 year olds do too. I see AMGs and M's all the time going real slow like 35-40. Never seen one get on it. As long as your making more power than your standard issue 3.5 litre 300 HP sedan your car seems fast around here.

EDIT, my area is the southern orange county area of california.

Sounds like my area.

I'm sure I could get into the 'scene', I just choose not to.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Here in Concord/ Charlotte street racing is getting out of hand.

I'm sure you've read the news on the huge busts they have been having..?

I think other areas have more ultra high HP cars, but we have shit tons of 400-700Hp cars roaming in packs...

Just last night I pulled in a gas station and seen an F430 sitting at a pump, before I got inside a basically full drag fox body pulled up behind him.

I really should have got a pic. It would have made for some very good posters...

Edit: In College Station TX the Chebby is king of the roads...

More F-body muscle than you can shake a stick at! We do have S_X_I to deal with a few of them though... :rockon:

Last edited:

THE_STIG

Established Member
There is a pullied E55 around here, a 650rwhp KB GT (needs a new tune), bunch of M3s, AMGs, STis and Evos. You name it we got it.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Since i'm new to the site and don't really post much i figured i'd start a convo on racing in your home areas and some of the cars that are from there. The thing i'm interested in finding out are cars in your areas like from mine. To cut to the chase i'm from a small area. well known but not really. Live 10 mins from Gettysburg but the racing scene is somewhat big around here. i guess cause there is nothing else to really do but what are some of the nasty cars from where you live? There are some impressive imports from the area and a few domestics. My one buddy has a small garage of fast imports. he has a 600 awhp eclipse, a 12 second all but stock evo 9, a 10 sec vr4 galant, and a really nasty toyota supra. another buddy has a 650 fwhp civic hatch and another buddy has a srt4 swap into a older neon thats breaking mid 10's. are cars like this common where you all are from? interested to find out. sorry this is so long...:shrug:

you talking track cars right?

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
i live in a smaller town... few other cobras in town and a fast muscle car here and there.

sometimes we go down to madison, the capital of wisconsin... some fast cars around the area but you rarely see them. i have honestly never seen a fast import on the street. i've beaten a couple turbo supras... i wasen't very impressed! i know there are fast cars out there, just havent seen to many by me.

i normaly try to race crotch rockets... only thing fast enough to race for me.

Turbo04Mystichr

Established Member
you talking track cars right?

It can be either a track or street car. i've never personally seen this but i hear from a lot of ppl from my area that go all over to the circuts say ppl pull a strictly track only cars up to the local cruise areas and take them off the trailors and run them on the streets. but i'm sure that goes on in other places in the country also. we have at least 4 areas close by and somewhat close where street racing is big. i don't personally like to play around on the streets cuz for one my car will have too much to play with and i dont want to risk killing anyone and i have a clean record and don't need my insurance rates to go up. i prefer track but the closest one to me is about and hour away and ALWAYS packed. Maybe get 2 passes if you are lucky. Everytime someone wants to build a track close to the area ppl protest it and it never happens...:cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread